Books

ihiggy

Feb 11, 2012
I have a asus TF101 and when viewing books to buy it displays the book and has a "free trial" space above the price, when I tap this I get "couldn't show the book" error, what do I need to do to preview the book?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
What service are you trying to use to buy books?

Sent from a Gibson using Tapatalk - heavy metal edition

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Ok, sounds like the Google's Aneroid Market. What I would suggest is accessing this with the Google Books app instead, it should allow you to preview and purchase within this app itself.

ihiggy

Feb 11, 2012
is google books the icon (book) in the stock apps page, if so thats one I tried, it give you a vast selection books but does not say "google books" at the top, cannot view sample there either.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I will take a look at this on my Transformer but it is possible that they simply don't have previews available for all books or that feature isn't fully realized yet. Just speculation till I have a chance to see it for myself.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
I don't see a "free trial" I usually see "free sample" Though. The sample will open on the Book app that comes with the TF. At least it does on mine.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I don't see a "free trial" I usually see "free sample" Though. The sample will open on the Book app that comes with the TF. At least it does on mine.

I think it might be a case of not having previews available of all books, i think thete are literaly a million or so books there :)

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Tablet Forum