Boosting WiFi

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Wifi Signal Booster for less than $1 New!

Thought this was neat but wouldn't wanna do this myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsanford

Oct 12, 2011
Thanks k9chp and other a500 folks. I just bought the Ampad recommended except I bought the 150 instead of the 500 after watching their video. It will be here tomorrow and I will check in with my results.

May 18, 2012
The Alpha Network USB Adapter antenna (AWUS036NH) works great on my ASUS laptop but not on my ASUS Tablet. I can't get the Transformer Prime to detect it. So I will be returning it to Amazon and try something else. I was going to use and extender but found out that I can't use an extender because we are not allowed to broadcast our own SSID and that is what the extender that I bought did.
Are you talking about something like This? Please provide a link to what your lookin at.

I have no clue if it will work with the a500 but I like the idea.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
The Alpha Network USB Adapter antenna (AWUS036NH) works great on my ASUS laptop but not on my ASUS Tablet. I can't get the Transformer Prime to detect it. So I will be returning it to Amazon and try something else. I was going to use and extender but found out that I can't use an extender because we are not allowed to broadcast our own SSID and that is what the extender that I bought did.

Welcome to the forum!

It comes down to drivers. Many of these devices do not have drivers for Android. If your Prime is having weak WiFi, you may want to try a different tablet. The TF300T is now out and should not have the WiFi woes some of the Prime's suffered.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
With my network, at 100m both laptop and tablet were flaky but signal was still seen.

MrBlazito

May 8, 2011
Does anyone know how much power the usb port on the tablet puts out? I tried another wifi adapter by c.crane and it does not power on when plugged into the tablet. Works fine on PC.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Does anyone know how much power the usb port on the tablet puts out? I tried another wifi adapter by c.crane and it does not power on when plugged into the tablet. Works fine on PC.
ICS and HC do not support USB WIFI and MODEM (3G). The USB would have the power but the ANDROID does not support it.