Boot animanion - did anyone succesfully replace the default one?

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
I've tried, but no dice replacing the default bootanimation.zip in the system/media directory.
Must be something else involved.

Miss Live Wallpaper too.

No launcher lets me use Live Wallpaper.

g2xvtab

Dec 10, 2011
No live wallpaper yet...I did try everything for a bootanimation and figured out how to do it. There is an easy way download an app called Rom Toolbox...Great App its free and a 4.99$ app. The free one offers many bootanimations and work no problem.. as far as manually I really can remember how on this tablet I have many diffrent toys and messing with all of em. I will be customizing the Vizio as I have with few other phones..Ill post something when I do...

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
No live wallpaper yet...I did try everything for a bootanimation and figured out how to do it. There is an easy way download an app called Rom Toolbox...Great App its free and a 4.99$ app. The free one offers many bootanimations and work no problem.. as far as manually I really can remember how on this tablet I have many diffrent toys and messing with all of em. I will be customizing the Vizio as I have with few other phones..Ill post something when I do...
Tried this app, didn't work for me.
I must be missing something.

dggolf

Feb 27, 2011
Tried this app, didn't work for me.
I must be missing something.

I also tried that app and it downloaded the bootanimation.zip file but
the Vizio doesn't use it on boot.

I found this: /system/bin/bootanimation.
Maybe the Vizio uses this on boot?

rprr

Oct 7, 2011
I also tried that app and it downloaded the bootanimation.zip file but
the Vizio doesn't use it on boot.

I found this: /system/bin/bootanimation.
Maybe the Vizio uses this on boot?
The /system/bin/bootanimation is a binary executable file. I would not be modifying it.