boot issues, and Nook button issues PPPLLLSSSS HELP!!!

ncmoore

Dec 25, 2011
Alright so bought a nook color rooted it, everything worked fine. Then somehow about 2 weeks later the nook button wouldnt take you back to the rooted home screen. and so any app that you used you couldnt get out of unless you shut it off. So i attempted to "Deregister and Erase" the device and that didnt do anything other than remove the rooted part of it. But then i noticed that the arrow that is just above the nook button was missing so i wanted to get that back before i tried to re-root it again. So i used the instructions from theunlockr.com ( How To: Restore the Nook Color to Stock | TheUnlockr ) and followed these instructions however the stock version that theunlockr.com gives you is an older version than what the original version stock when we bought it was.

At the time i didnt notice that so i restored it back to what was on there, and everything worked fine, except for now when i try and boot the nook color the home screen flashes black and then back to normal and over and over. but every other screen works fine. Also the Nook button still doesnt work.

I am at a loss of what to do so any help or input that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

ncmoore

Dec 25, 2011
This might be helpful.

The first thing to try is just hold the power button longer than 5 seconds until it goes off by itself. Then try powering on. If that doesn't work - this is from nookdevs.com:
  1. With the NOOKcolor powered off hold down the n button (home) and Power Button until the NOOKcolor powers on.
  2. You will be prompted with a Factory Reset dialog. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue
  3. Press n button (home).
  4. You will be prompted to confirm. Press POWER key to Exit Press HOME key to continue
  5. Press n button (home).
  6. A Clearing Data dialog will show. NOOKcolor will reboot automatically once complete
The link I found these steps on is How to reset Nook Color - Barnes & Noble Book Clubs
Hope this is helpful for anyone else having this problem.