Boot Verified Failed

regman07

Jul 6, 2012
My daughter turned off her tablet during an update and it would not reboot. After hours of reading posts the only thing that has shown progress was this: I had to connect a usb keyboard to the tablet to access the recovery menu. (repeatedly pressing home to bring up the menu), I then used an sd card that i had to format on an android phone for the tablet to read it. i copied the update.zip "acer a500 4.010.38 com gen1" that i downloaded from xda developers to the card. Then loaded it into the sd slot. It appeared to be working, it recognized the card and the file and went through the install (displayed the no power off no reset graphic, which is the only graphic i have seen on it for days) so i thought it was working but then on reboot i got a red letter error that said boot verified failed. Suggestions?

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
I'm still running the stock ROM and have not played around with installing alternate recovery images yet, so consider this a mere suggestion for some research you will need to do, and not a complete solution. I have read enough about the process though to recognize that it seems like the tablet may have installed an ICS bootloader during an early part of the interrupted update process, which will probably not work with the HC ROM image you have selected. Try running the problem down with that in mind. I'm guessing that you'll probably either need to install an HC boot loader to work with the HC ROM you selected, or an ICS full recovery ROM to work with the ICS bootloader that is apparently already on the device.

Last edited:

juhni

Dec 5, 2011
Sounds like your trying to boot an ics rom on a honeycomb boot loader. Try finding an older image, like the 3.1. And try that. Other than that post this in xda.

Mrhelper

Apr 29, 2012
Sounds like your trying to boot an ics rom on a honeycomb boot loader. Try finding an older image, like the 3.1. And try that. Other than that post this in xda.
The ROM mentioned in regman07's post is actually HC, so the problem here is more likely caused by trying to install an HC ROM with an ICS bootloader, as I had already noted in my post above. The symptoms are similar either way though, and the solution is still to match a desired ROM with the correct bootloader.

Last edited: