Bootanimation help

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
Trying to change to boot animation on my rooted sylvania 11.2.1.8 running dg2.2 tried replacing the bootanimation in /system/bin to no avail..... Anyone know what im doing wrong?

Last edited:

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
Seen that post, but not sure where he put the animation, or what he had to do to get it running. Im gonna pm him/her and see though....

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Seen that post, but not sure where he put the animation, or what he had to do to get it running.

Xi2wiked, see this post xda-developers - View Single Post - [Boot Animation] Android Bios Boot Animation [update 1/13/2011]. Just tried it and it worked as described. I put bootanimation.zip in /data/local and rebooted. Instead of the animated Sylvania screen I got animated images as posted. Now you can inspect their bootanimation.zip and replace with your custom images. Have fun!

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
did you delete the bootanimation in /system/bin ?

No, just renamed their file as instructed and copied as is to /data/local. Rebooted and watched their animation. As you know it just a bunch of images, it's not really reading anything but it does look retro and cool, if those are the proper terms of the day. Enjoy!

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
Just realized that the bootanimation in /system/bin is a shell file to play the bootanimation. If deleted NO bootanimation will play lol

nosync

Apr 29, 2011
Works great here! Just copy a bootanimation.zip of your choice to the /data/local folder and you're set!