Bought A ePad from China how do I download in the UK

Tenerife133

Jun 6, 2012
I bought an ePad from China on Ebay and it is working great, the only problem I have is that I cannot download BBC iPlayer, iTunes, Spotify and some other things as the ePad thinks I am in China, how do I set things up for the United Kingdom.
I think it has something to do with it set to China Telecom, how do I remove this.
I can get the internet fine through my BT Home Hub3 by WiFi but I think when I try to download it thinks I am in China.
Also how do I delete all the downloads in Chinese.

I would be grateful for some help.

Last edited:

bobmonky

Apr 4, 2012
Although this is no help to you I too have exactly the same problem with a Superpad 3. Please somebody must know how to crack this.

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Tenerife133 said:
I bought an ePad from China on Ebay and it is working great, the only problem I have is that I cannot download BBC iPlayer, iTunes, Spotify and some other things as the ePad thinks I am in China, how do I set things up for the United Kingdom.
I think it has something to do with it set to China Telecom, how do I remove this.
I can get the internet fine through my BT Home Hub3 by WiFi but I think when I try to download it thinks I am in China.
Also how do I delete all the downloads in Chinese.

I would be grateful for some help.

Hi guy

You need to go into your setting and check your location/lanugage and input settings ensure that these are all set to english(uk) and check the location box to allow your wifi to determine your location using your ip address. I had real trouble when using home hub 3 with my son,s dropad similar to your epad, buying a router (almost any router) and setting up to your own configuation improved things much better signal, range and conectivaty making this tab much more usable.

Hope this helps,good luck guys

Tenerife133

Jun 6, 2012
I have already changed the language to English and it is picking up the BT Home Hub3 OK that is not the problem. The problem is that the ePad still thinks I am in China when I am in the UK and when I try to download of Android Market it says " Device ratings filter is incompatible with this device", as it says the device is China Telecom. How do I change the device to a UK setting.