bought a xoom. a few ?'s

thechidz

Feb 26, 2011
Hello. Just got the xoom last night. So far data works well. GPS is OK but still has some kinks to work out I think.

For some reasn I don't have flash? I:(I tried finding it in marketplace to download but it isn't there and I tried downloading from the website but no luck. Any info on this?

FacebooFacebookk app crashes every time. Not sure how to redownload it

Is there an email app that gives you threaded email views?

Thanks for any help

Orson

Feb 23, 2011
Go to your homepage/settings/apps/manage apps and uninstall youtube and fb. When i reinstalled youtube it also installed latest flash. Maybe fb will soru itself out too.

I've also put yt on my homepage which seems much better.

Looking forward to email responses myself!

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Go to your homepage/settings/apps/manage apps and uninstall youtube and fb. When i reinstalled youtube it also installed latest flash. Maybe fb will soru itself out too.

I've also put yt on my homepage which seems much better.

Looking forward to email responses myself!

Are you sure flash installed in general and not just a converter associated with the Youtube app? Adobe and Motorola have said that Flash for Android 3.0 on the Xoom won't be ready for a couple of weeks at which point an update will be released.

thechidz

Feb 26, 2011
The touch screen seems very inaccurate to me. Its annoying that when I touch a link I often hit the wrong link because of the inaccurate touch response. Hopefully will get fixed with an update very soon. I am liking the device more every day thou although I might return it and wait for a price drop. Would have been really nice if it had shipped with flash, probably a game changer. But as-is not quite there yet

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
As vferrari said, Flash is currently not working on the Motorola Xoom. The reason for this Adobe is working on Flash 10.2 for mobile devices, and Google/Motorola wanted to install this version of flash on HoneyComb tablets. Unfortunately Adobe is taking longer than what people first thought. It should be available in 1 - 3 months.

thechidz

Feb 26, 2011
Not having flash is driving me nuts but I am liking the device

thechidz

Feb 26, 2011
Returning this thing next week and wait for the price to drop is gonna be really tough. This thing is powerful and the UI, although at first a slight learning curve being used to ios, is really growing on me'and is very productive