Bought one this week

lorenii

May 2, 2011
I haven't had a chance to really mess with it yet, but from what I see, I really think that I am going to like it a lot.

I bought it for the Bluetooth and GPS. I have a couple of other tablets, a $99 Sylvania 7" and a $189 Sylvania 10" and they IMO are junk. This tablet is like getting out of a Pinto and into a Cobra GT. I needed something that I could use mobile for storm chasing and getting live real time radar and navigation to help me out.

NOW I am waiting for accessories to become available that aren't $100 each! I did find out that the soft rubber skin from my Sylvania fits just fine, but the button holes (obviously) don't line up. But at least it isnt getting scratched and is semi protected from bumps and bangs.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I think you are really going to like this tablet, it is very similar to my 7 plus which has been just amazing.

ttweed

May 12, 2012
I needed something that I could use mobile for storm chasing and getting live real time radar and navigation to help me out.
How can you get real-time mobile navigation w/ the Galaxy 2? I thought it had built in GPS, but in another thread, someone said GPS only works on it w/ WiFi, not cellular. I'm confused--would you turn your cellular phone into a WiFi hotspot to use it?

TT

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Yes. I am using wifi tether on my cell for the live radar data download. Once you load up google maps, your navigation and street view via wifi, you can use it for navigation with no wifi, just the built in GPS.

lorenii

May 2, 2011
Cracked my cell's hotspot firewall and now I get to use it as my mobile wifi for the tab. Now I have realtime navi and radar! Plus I "duct tape engineered" a mobile 'mount' for the tab in my chase Suburban that is virtually bullet proof. Now to build a laptop arm with radio mounts and I will be golden again!