brand new Kyros 7022 - i think i bricked it

shadowsong

Dec 18, 2011
First off - i just wanted to thank you guys. I've been lurking a while and usually I don't have to post anything I will find what I need by searching for it - I tried - and it seems like I am not smart enough to fix this one on my own. Ok so i bought Kyros 7022 for my sister for her christmas present. I was playing around with it and decided to try a custom rom as my 7024 is a million times better after I installed a custom rom. I installed CWM recovery, Superuser to get root, and then KTZROM_FORMULA-1_200_7022 from Kyros tablet zone. There were alot of positive responses and so I decided to give it a go. Everything appeared to go as described in the installation instructions after it was done and I rebooted the tablet it's stuck on the Coby boot screen. Part of the installation is to use CWM to make a backup and I have those files. I've found some posts saying "use fastboot to flash the factory recovery img". Anyone got a step by step process for this (if it's here somewhere and I just haven't found it feel free to post a link and tell me I should have searched more) or other ideas to get it working again?
Thanks for taking the time to read.

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
you're not bricked if you see the coby screen.
why not just boot to recovery and restore the backup you made? android commander or droid explorer-both for windows can detect your device and boot it to recovery mode.
Droid Explorer
Android Commander

Last edited:

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
My guess is you wiped dalvik cache before flashing tipsters file? I found that the stock rom can't build a dalvik cache so if you wipe it it will sit at coby screen forever must restore backup

shadowsong

Dec 18, 2011
well yes.....Tipster's directions say to delete the dalvik cache as part of the installation process. I did restore the backup with clockwork mod but no joy......going to try crazythunders idea and see if that works.

shadowsong

Dec 18, 2011
just checkin back in...didn't work....i restored the backup....same behavior. I can get into clockwork mod by holding the power button and the backbutton but it will not boot past the coby screen.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
just checkin back in...didn't work....i restored the backup....same behavior. I can get into clockwork mod by holding the power button and the backbutton but it will not boot past the coby screen.

Okay then you need to use trickbikers stock os backup

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-anyone-have-stock-rom-7022-a.html#post133151

Restore that in cwm using the restore option. Next time when installing tipsters mod don't wipe dalvik cache. Besides his mod pushes a new build.prop along with some modified systemui and framework apks and apps. Dalvik cahce wipe should not be necessary and you could also extract his zip and push changes via root explorer/es file explorer if you wanted to.