brick (ed)

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
I have a synet7 with hvwr 11.2.1.8; everything was working fine until I delete the telephony service, now it gets stuck on the sylvania logo; I haved tried all the instruction that you guys kindly post over the whole forum, also cfrockit has helped me a lot too; but this time I don't know what really is happening... so if anyone of you over here guys could upload the os image to copy to a card I would really appreciate it; I just send it back to the us, but I has bad luck also because no one seems to offer anymore, kmart, brandsmart, cvs, toysrus and so other, no one has it; and my sister throw away the receipt so I could send it to digital gadgets as well, but whitout the receipt its like nothing.... its a brand new synet7, my old and trusty sytabex its doing great, fast and smooth thanks to all your tips, suggestions and so on, but on the synet I really don't understand what's going on,

regards

jv90

Sent from my Sytabex7 Tablet using android forum

lohtse

Mar 9, 2011
have you flash the froyo in th stickies???? had same issue and this fixed it...

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
yes I haves tried, with the otg method as well, but for unknown reasons the synet wont connect to the computer like my sytabex7, weird; I use the same method, but nothing; what I heaved encounter is that updating from the card or burning the os to the card its more difficult than the otg method, but I haved managed to burn the os into a card and nothing

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
yes I haves tried, with the otg method as well, but for unknown reasons the synet wont connect to the computer like my sytabex7, weird; I use the same method, but nothing; what I heaved encounter is that updating from the card or burning the os to the card its more difficult than the otg method, but I haved managed to burn the os into a card and nothing
Jv90, removing the phone.apk from my rooted 11.2.1.8 tablet also produced the same result, stuck on the Sylvania logo. Originally the "factory reset (three finger method)" reported - "No recovery image is found, try recover from SD".

WHEN the OTG method does NOT work to burn a new image here are the steps to resolve and add the ability to "factory reset (three finger method)" if stuck on the Sylvania logo.

Download the appropriate InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) file for the specific Hardware ID "hwver". In this case 11.2.1.8 - http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.1.8/11.2.1.8.2.0_beta4.ius

Download vio's Ius Editor 0.41 utility to extract images from the InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) file.

Download the program archive Winhex and image file boot disk - aben.start sector.001 - flytouch2-ROM-recover-card.zip

Extract the archive to a folder.

Using vio's Ius Editor 0.41 utility open 11.2.1.8.2.0_beta4.ius

As pictured below, select the ADR_AS image then click the "Shopping cart" icon to export the image.
$IusEditor0.41a.JPG

Save the exported image as zSYS.img pictured below.
$IusEditor_export.JPG
Now locate the folder created when extracting archive that contains aben.start sector.001 and the WinHex folder.
Review the "Instruction of make flytouch ROM recover card.pdf" contained in the folder.

If you have any questions on these steps please post specific questions. rgocal has also repeated with further explanation in a post - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-stable-smooth-fast-unofficial.html#post56798

Pictured below are the most confusing and critical steps. As described -
1) select aben.start sector.001
2) select the micro SD card that will be wiped of all data and cloned with the bootable image
3) set the "Start sector" to 0 (zero).
$image004.jpg

Format resulting cloned disk as FAT32 - Quick Format
$format.JPG
Create a folder on the newly formatted micro SD named "Android" (no quotes "").
In that folder (Android), copy the zSYS.img extracted and saved above.

Insert micro SD in to the tablet that is OFF.
Turn on, and the following should be displayed.

infoTMIC logo
Booting from SD...
Update image Android
Update Android image finished.
Burn file system finished.
Take off SD and reboot
$oie_45449U3yjv6nq.gif

Once complete, press the Reset button to turn off tablet.
Remove SD card.

Using the steps to Apply a "factory reset (three finger method)" put a finger on the screen while pressing both the On/Off and Menu button until prompted to release and press those buttons again. The tablet should now perform a "factory reset" and will be restored to factory defaults and function.

Reference mvancil's method for backup and recovery of applications and settings to save time restoring personal preferences the next time the tablet gets stuck and needs to be factory reset.

Good luck!

Please post any corrections, comments additions to this method of using a bootable SD card to burn specific images when the OTG method does NOT function.

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
once again thanks cfrockit, ill do my best to burn the os back again

mattglad

Mar 24, 2011
had the same thing happen, but went about the flashing a little easier by using the IUW tool and the removable microsd card as described in the "How to Manually Update to 2.2" thread on this same forum . OTG flashing doesn't work with the 11.2.1.8 running the 2.2 images.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
had the same thing happen, but went about the flashing a little easier by using the IUW tool and the removable microsd card as described in the "How to Manually Update to 2.2" thread on this same forum . OTG flashing doesn't work with the 11.2.1.8 running the 2.2 images.
Yes, that approach works however it also burns all of the other images U0, Ramdisk, Kernel, Userdata, and system.img. By burning only zSYS.img which is "SYSBACK" or backup system image it adds the ability to apply a "factory reset (three finger method)" that is a lot faster than having to burn the firmware again should the tablet get stuck again. More importantly, it reduces the risk of causing irreparable damage (bricking) the tablet often caused by burning the incorrect U0 image.

A PC analogy - If one program is causing your computer to crash do you CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill the process and reboot the PC in an attempt correct the problem OR do you start from scratch and install the bios, operating system, updated drivers, and then install the programs to fix the issue. For some reason three fingers no matter what device seems easier if it works.

Last edited:

kool371

Oct 6, 2011
Download the appropriate InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) file for the specific Hardware ID "hwver". In this case 11.2.1.8 -

Tried to download this but get a message saying 11.2.1.8.2.0_beta4.ius couldn't be download .

Please help I was trying to hel a friend get this tablet going and it kept locking up. It would lock up when fully booted. would be trying to do stuff like set the weather info, setup wifi then it would lock up or screen would go wierd. had no instructions avialble so I was just going at reseting it on the fly. It would also lock up or screen would go funny on Sylvania logo. After a few semi sucesfull resets, I think i did a reset that wipe everything now only boots to the infotmic logo. really want to help him get this back up. he cannot return this as he bought it at a acution. I do believe that it was new unopend but I do know its a refurb.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Tried to download this but get a message saying 11.2.1.8.2.0_beta4.ius couldn't be download .
Tested original link and file downloads. No issue with downloading.
Please help I was trying to hel a friend get this tablet going and it kept locking up. It would lock up when fully booted. would be trying to do stuff like set the weather info, setup wifi then it would lock up or screen would go wierd. had no instructions avialble so I was just going at reseting it on the fly.
The resources (instructions, manuals, and other users experience) are posted here, on the distributors web site, and even on You Tube
It would also lock up or screen would go funny on Sylvania logo. After a few semi sucesfull resets, I think i did a reset that wipe everything now only boots to the infotmic logo. really want to help him get this back up.
See all of the Sticky forum posts for several suggestions and utilize the appropriate post to work through the issue.
he cannot return this as he bought it at a acution. I do believe that it was new unopend but I do know its a refurb.
Have you CONFIRMED the Hardware Id "hwver" before attempting to use this file?

Using the incorrect update file may cause irreparable damage (brick) the tablet WITHOUT the ability to recover.

kool371

Oct 6, 2011
Tested original link and file downloads. No issue with downloading.
The resources (instructions, manuals, and other users experience) are posted here, on the distributors web site, and even on You Tube See all of the Sticky forum posts for several suggestions and utilize the appropriate post to work through the issue.Have you CONFIRMED the Hardware Id "hwver" before attempting to use this file?

Using the incorrect update file may cause irreparable damage (brick) the tablet WITHOUT the ability to recover.

ok i was able to download on a diffrent computer and I also tried a diffrent browser on the computer I was having trouble and it must be Internet explorer.

also how do I CONFIRM the Hardware Id "hwver" if it wont boot past the infotmic logo?

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
ok i was able to download on a diffrent computer and I also tried a diffrent browser on the computer I was having trouble and it must be Internet explorer.

also how do I CONFIRM the Hardware Id "hwver" if it wont boot past the infotmic logo?
The good news is your device is not "bricked" or irreparably damaged since you can get to the infoTMIC logo.

Many tablets are simply stuck at the boot screens but don't have the "factory reset (three finger method)" functionality which typically corrects the problem thus need a method to burn a system backup image.

Have you attempted to apply a "factory reset (three finger method)"?

With out having previously identifying the Hardware Id "hwver" it would be a guess. As you can see in this post http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-infotmic-hardware-ids-hwver-updates-ius.html there are many different Hardware Id's for these tablets.

Last edited:

mvancil

Aug 25, 2011
The good news is your device is not "bricked" or irreparably damaged since you can get to the infoTMIC logo.

Many tablets are simply stuck at the boot screens but don't have the "factory reset (three finger method)" functionality which typically corrects the problem thus need a method to burn a system backup image.

Have you attempted to apply a "factory reset (three finger method)"?

With out having previously identifying the Hardware Id "hwver" it would be a guess. As you can see in this post http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-infotmic-hardware-ids-hwver-updates-ius.html there are many different Hardware Id's for these tablets.

This is very true, I went through the same issues when I first got my SYNET7LP. I also did not know what my hardware version was. So I had to test one by one. I tested the 11.2.1.8 LAST, because that image was reported to have bricked some tablets. As it turns out, my tablet is an 11.2.1.8.

When I attempted to load the wrong image, the system refused to load it, saying it didn't match. So, there's some protection against doing it wrong, I guess.

mvancil

Aug 25, 2011
Ok....something odd I found. Using the instructions in this thread, I could not get the image to load. When I attempted to boot from the SD it ignored it like it didn't even exist. I went back and followed all of the directions twice.

I had to drop back to using the iuw 1.2 version, and just loaded the SD card with the image (11.2.1.8.2.0_beta4.ius).

This method worked.

I have no idea why the instructions here did not work for me.

I had a spare SD card here, and I decided to load it with the bootable recovery in case I ever needed it.

Last edited:

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
can you old upload the file image from the card to fix mine synet7?

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

mvancil

Aug 25, 2011
This is the information you'd need for that.....

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/sylvania-tablets/12319-how-manually-update-synet7lp-sytabex7-android-2-2-froyo.html

I
t seems lengthy, but in reality you just need to do this...

Download the firmware for your system...all depends what HWVER you have.

On a XP system, download the IUW 1.2 software.

Plug a media reader with your Micro SD card into that system, and use the IUW 1.2 software to burn the downloaded image to your Micro SD card.

Insert into your tablet....turn power on....voila!