Brick Onda v711

marquezzzzz

Jun 29, 2013
Hello,

I have a tablet Onda V711, while flashing a rom from the SD something has gone wrong, and now the tablet will not turn on.
The connect to pc and not detected, anyone know how I can recovery the tablet?
I tried to let down the power button + home but does nothing. There is also a reset button but the same, the tablet will not turn on.

You can help me?

Regards

altheamae64

Dec 20, 2012
If you're getting no display whatsoever, are you sure it's charged only I've had some catastrophes myself but always get some kind of life somewhere - even if its the Android guy lying on his back with his guts spilling out!

I found this:

You need to perform a hard reset on your Onda V711. Here`s how: You can perform a hard reset by booting into a special recovery mode. First, ensure your device is fully shut down. Press and hold the correct keys to boot the device into recovery mode. This will vary from device to device. Here are some examples: -Nexus 7: Volume Up + Volume Down + Power -Samsung Galaxy S3: Volume Up + Home + Power -Motorola Droid X: Home + Power -Devices With Camera Buttons: Volume Up + Camera -Similar devices will likely use similar key combinations. For example, the Nexus 4 also uses Volume Up + Volume Down + Power. If your device isn’t on this list and none of the above methods work, do a Google search for the name of your device and “recovery mode” – or look in the device’s manual or support pages. Release the buttons when the device powered on. You’ll see an image of an Android lying on its back with its chest open and its internals revealed. Press the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to scroll through the options until you see Recovery mode on the screen. Press the Power button to restart into recovery mode. You’ll soon see an Android with a red triangle. Hold down the Power button and tap Volume Up. You’ll see the Android system recovery menu appear at the top of your screen. Select wipe data / factory reset with the volume keys and tap the Power button to activate it. Select Yes – erase all user data with the volume buttons and tap Power. Your device will be reset to its factory state and all your data will be erased. Select wipe data / factory reset with the volume keys and tap the Power button to activate it. Select Yes – erase all user data with the volume buttons and tap Power. Your device will be reset to its factory state and all your data will be erased. If your device freezes at any point, hold down the Power button until it restarts. Source: HowToGeek.

And this:

Onda v711 - Fixya

Don't know if its of any help ...................... best of luck though because I know its horrible when you have problems :(

marquezzzzz

Jun 29, 2013
Hello,

thanks for the help, but the tablet does not turn on any way.
I've tried all combinations of buttons (home + power, home + power + reset .....) but does not start.
I followed the tutorial from this link: Dead or not Dead - how to answer this global question (Long life to ONDA tablet) - SlateDroid.com

And I have come to the passage where he talks that if the tablet is not detected by the pc and the screen is still black, may be for a hardware malfunction (Power button, battery).

Regards

altheamae64

Dec 20, 2012
Hello,

thanks for the help, but the tablet does not turn on any way.
I've tried all combinations of buttons (home + power, home + power + reset .....) but does not start.
I followed the tutorial from this link: Dead or not Dead - how to answer this global question (Long life to ONDA tablet) - SlateDroid.com

And I have come to the passage where he talks that if the tablet is not detected by the pc and the screen is still black, may be for a hardware malfunction (Power button, battery).

Regards
Oh dear ............. that sounds about as serious as it gets :( I don't suppose it is still under warranty?

Best wishes - hope it's not entirely dead.

marquezzzzz

Jun 29, 2013

By following the link you've told me, I could make the pc recognize the tablet Onda V711 (M6-chip), I installed the drivers, but when I try to flash the firmware (v711d_v1.5.5) with AMLogic_USB-Burning-tool. I get the following error:

[T 1][18:51:22]: load spl ...
[T 1][18:51:22]: Transfer Complete! total size is 18556 Bytes
[T 1][18:51:31]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:33]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:35]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:36]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:38]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:40]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:41]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:43]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:44]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:46]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:48]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:49]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:51]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:52]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:54]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:56]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:58]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:51:59]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:52:01]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:52:03]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:52:04]: load uboot ...
[T 1][18:52:05]: load uboot failed 15 times,maybe because the spl code run err
[T 1][18:52:06]: failed because no connected device ,current step is 1
log\07.06.18.58_Resource.V711D_v1.5.5.log
success:0 failed:3 failed postion: s1:3

I have to press the Power + Home buttons?

Thanks

noisy

Jul 24, 2013
Hi,
could you please explain where 2 pins that you have to shorten before pressing home + power buttons are located? I found a picture for v811, but the main board of v711 is different.

Thanks!