Bricked Nook Color?

arrjaytea

Mar 8, 2011
Basically I had been running phiremod v2, used the bootable CWM found here [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats) - xda-developers to format the SD card I had in the machine, removed it, and on reboot - nothing. No power, no screen, no nothing. Not even a bootable SD will run.

In each of the other threads I've seen with similar symptoms, the result is almost always that someone gets an SD card to boot - I can't seem to do that.

Am I just missing a painfully obvious solution, or should I get this puppy returned (brand new)?

Last edited:

kookahdoo

Dec 23, 2010
Basically I had been running phiremod v2, used the bootable CWM found here [RECOVERY] EXT4 Compatible Bootable Clockwork SD Card 0.1 (+ tasty treats) - xda-developers to format the SD card I had in the machine, removed it, and on reboot - nothing. No power, no screen, no nothing. Not even a bootable SD will run.

In each of the other threads I've seen with similar symptoms, the result is almost always that someone gets an SD card to boot - I can't seem to do that.

Am I just missing a painfully obvious solution, or should I get this puppy returned (brand new)?

Leave it plugged in for 5 minutes. It took mine a while to turn on.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

arrjaytea

Mar 8, 2011
Leave it plugged in for 5 minutes. It took mine a while to turn on.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Nah, actually it's looking like this is the problem: Dummies Guide to Fixing 'My Nook Won't Boot' - xda-developers

So it'll take some time, and be another few days before I have the time to get this thing back to a functional (rooted, flashed) state, but it looks more like I'm an idiot who couldn't for the life of him find that thread than it is that my Nook is bricked.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
You can't format sdcard in nook on phiremod beta2. It will screw things up. See Vics guide on removing clockwork and returning to a stock image in nook technical section.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
@Kookahdoo are you the same kookahdoo from dfs that created the cold fusion theme?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Fair to assume that's similar to the above linked http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=949699 ?

Yea I guess its similar. Vics (Darmeen) instructions are a little more thorough. Basically what u need to do is burn clockwork recovery to an sdcard and put a stock image on sdcard. Boot from sdcard and install image. I would follow the instructions here in Vics thread.