Bricked Tablet

marzy57

Aug 26, 2011
Bricked when updating JB ver 10.4.2.13., previously unlocked and rooted. Performed data wipe and tablet froze for a long time. Powered off and on again and now boots to ASUS logo screen with unlocked device in upper left-hand corner. Can ONLY access tablet by holding Volume Up and Reset button.
In windows 7 device manager: Android Phone device is listed as ASUS Transformer Prime APX Interface - Device is working properly; Portable Device Asus android MTP device - This device cannot start
(code 10); USB Controllers - NVIDEA Boot Recovery for mobile devices - Device is working properly. In Devices and Printers - Unspecified APX.
I have researched web for two weeks for a solution. Have latest Android SDK, tried every driver (Naked etc) cannot flash or reboot NOTHING! Fastboot returns <Waiting for Device>. ADB cannot find device.
ASUS support has been Totally Useless - several emails and they do not even understand the problem. Keep sending me generic Crap like how to update. I did a manual update from ICS to ASUS's JB with no problem and ran it for two weeks. I've rooted and installed dozens of roms on HP Touchpad and Color Nook - so I'm not a newbe.
Anyone know how to use APX Interface to flash latest ASUS JB update, reboot.
Seems Hundreds have encountered the same problem

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Your "hundreds" statement may be a little much as not that many people have unlocked their Transformer, which changes things a lot from simply rooting.

Download the latest firmware and try this.

open the rom and extract the BLOB file to where ever you like.
then use FASTBOOT to flash the BLOB as a boot image.
use this code in CMD

fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash boot [LOCATION OF BLOB FILE] example: C:\Fastboot\blob
wait for it to finish flashing takes about 10 minutes.
once finished reboot using this code
fastboot -i 0x0b05 reboot

vkolas

Oct 9, 2013
Hi, I have the same problem with my Nexus 7 (2012); the screen does not turn on. when I plug it into the PC (Windows 7), and hold down the power button, Windows tries to load the APX driver (but fails). I did a ton of research and everyone keeps saying to install the nvidia tegra SDK and manually install the USB drivers that come with the package. I downloaded and installed the nvidia tegra SDK and installed the USB drivers that came with it. ADB and Fastboot still do not see the tablet (I tried it with both, Bootloader and ADB interface). I hear the Nexus 7 and the TF700 are practically the same. Can you help me with this?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Hi, I have the same problem with my Nexus 7 (2012); the screen does not turn on. when I plug it into the PC (Windows 7), and hold down the power button, Windows tries to load the APX driver (but fails). I did a ton of research and everyone keeps saying to install the nvidia tegra SDK and manually install the USB drivers that come with the package. I downloaded and installed the nvidia tegra SDK and installed the USB drivers that came with it. ADB and Fastboot still do not see the tablet (I tried it with both, Bootloader and ADB interface). I hear the Nexus 7 and the TF700 are practically the same. Can you help me with this?

I'd try a new USB cable.

arcone

Aug 27, 2012
Welcome to the forum

Your "hundreds" statement may be a little much as not that many people have unlocked their Transformer, which changes things a lot from simply rooting.

Download the latest firmware and try this.

open the rom and extract the BLOB file to where ever you like.
then use FASTBOOT to flash the BLOB as a boot image.
use this code in CMD

fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash boot [LOCATION OF BLOB FILE] example: C:\Fastboot\blob
wait for it to finish flashing takes about 10 minutes.
once finished reboot using this code

fastboot -i 0x0b05 reboot

I have been trying to fix a friends N7 with no luck at all. it was not even unlocked. had version 4.2.3 I have seen many posts of people having problems of this type. I have used more than one lead, in fact they all work fine on my N4. APX mode driver has been installed, tablet screen is blank, if I could get into fast boot, I would not be typing this now, I have tried dozen of key combos and nothing works, I can hear that it is on and connected to the pc, but no tool that I have found actually picks up the tablet. easyflash. nexus root tool kit or android sdk.