Broken charger connector

tonyj321

Sep 19, 2011
Just wondering if anyone else has seen this, the tip of my charger connector appears to have broken off. I can still plug in the charger, and the tablet still charges, but the connector is extremely loose. I could just buy a new charger, but I am afraid that the old connector tip may be stuck in the tablet, in which case I have no clue how to get it out.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I could just buy a new charger

Before you buy a charger, check with Acer. they'll probably replace it free under your warranty. I had the same problem with my Nook and B&N sent me a new one.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
If you unplug the charger and peek into the hole on the ACER, you should see a center pin sticking out.

If you look into the end of the charger PLUG, and see this center pin sticking out of the plug, then it broke
off of the main board.

If that is broken off because of a harsh bump on the charger plug, you have no choice but to send your
tablet in for repair. Getting a new charger won't help in this case.

therron36

Nov 29, 2011
Hi tonyj321,Same thing happen to me. I had the machine for one week before the plug broke.
I think the angled plug puts unnecessary pressure on the pin. I was fortunate enough to have the plug drop out of the tablet after a while.
Returned to Acer Australia for warranty but the claim was rejected. They were happy for me to pay full retail for a replacement power supply. Fortunately, the retailer I bought the tablet off offered to sell the power supply at wholesale.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
This is why I tied jingle bells (yup took them from the Christmas decorations) to the power cord near the tip. If i pick up the tablet and start moving away with the cord still attached the bells jingle enough to alert me before I yank the power cord out.