Broken dock connecter casing

Olie

Mar 21, 2012
hello my Acer aconia a500 recently took a fall of about 3.5 feet and broke the plastic casing around the dock conecter is it posible to replace only this without replaceing the entire outer shell. I also been looking at sugru (air dry rubbery substance) to simply make a flap for it. If it helps here is a link to the Sugru websight sugru.com

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
hello my Acer aconia a500 recently took a fall of about 3.5 feet and broke the plastic casing around the dock conecter is it posible to replace only this without replaceing the entire outer shell. I also been looking at sugru (air dry rubbery substance) to simply make a flap for it. If it helps here is a link to the Sugru websight sugru.com
Post a photo of the damage to give us an idea of the damage help aid us in some performing some major engineering feats.

Olie

Mar 21, 2012
OK had a little trouble getting the camera to focus but here are the best shots: had to re-size the pics so a link is below to the full quality ones
$IMG_0365-400.jpg$IMG_0366-400.jpg$IMG_0367-400.jpg$IMG_0368-400.jpg
https://picasaweb.google.com/trista...&authkey=Gv1sRgCKnmmerO1O6ZWQ&feat=directlink
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sadly these pics would not post from my Acer Iconia A500

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Olie,

From the pics it seems that the connector itself is not damaged. If that is so then you have a few options available to you.

1. You can get a replacement cover from ACER ( if you want the "look like new" option)
  2. You can purchase a "plastics repair kit" which will include glues, expoxy, other mold making plastics granuals available from the specialized tools stores, electronic component stores. Then you'll have to purchase model paints to paint the repaired item.
  3. Or just live with it.

If the connector has been damaged best send tablet to ACER for repair.

Olie

Mar 21, 2012
Where can i get a replacment cover from acer? I have looked all over the web before comming here. plese include a link

and would the Sugru I posted erlier be cloce to a plastic repare kit

and thanks for you'r quick responces:)

Last edited: