Broken power supply plug

yanotf

Dec 21, 2011
Hello,

Hope the forum is still active and I can get some info here. My power supply works, but plug dosn't do well :) I need to use some force to reach the contacts so my tablet's battery is loaded.It seems there's some kind of miscontact inside the plug. I could buy a new powersupply but its price is half of a new tablet, so a beter option is to open the plug. Any ideas how to do it without destroing it?

Thank you, yanotf.

Trailblazzzer

Sep 27, 2012
I wouldn't recommend opening the block up. Does the little wire prongs on the end that plugs in to the tablets make good contact with the metal contacts on the tablet? If not, carefully try to bend them upright again, with the charger unplugged, of course. The one I found on Amazon was like 75.00, but that has been awhile. Sony supposedly had some on a ship out to sea, but I waited like 6 months and the ship never came in lol

Hello,

Hope the forum is still active and I can get some info here. My power supply works, but plug dosn't do well :) I need to use some force to reach the contacts so my tablet's battery is loaded.It seems there's some kind of miscontact inside the plug. I could buy a new powersupply but its price is half of a new tablet, so a beter option is to open the plug. Any ideas how to do it without destroing it?

Thank you, yanotf.