Broken touch screen/glass

jweidner

Jan 11, 2011
I dropped my Sylvania tablet on an unpadded section of plush carpet, and the screen shattered. Seems like there should have been a small buffer between the bezel and the glass itself, but I'm no engineer. Anyway, does anyone have an idea where to purchase a new touch screen panel? I see the following # inside the glass YY-D0272 1010. It's a 4 wire cable which is located exactly half way down the middle of the short edge of the screen.

jweidner

Jan 11, 2011
So here's the response from DigitalGadgets:
Unfortunately we do not repair units, nor do we offer replacement parts.
If anyone is watching, this is the screen and the 4 wire cable placement. Couldn't find anything identical on ebay so far.

http://www.weidners.us/sylvania_digitizer.jpg
$sylvania_digitizer.jpg

cainm13

Mar 2, 2011
I think the best investment you can buy for this tablet is some kind of protector.

While it was charging, it started slipping off the table. Hitting the rim of my metal trashcan, only dropping about 10-12 inches. I checked the screen right after, didn't see any cracks (dark room). Didn't touch the tablet for a few days, only to find a line crack across the screen. Touch screen stopped working, but USB keyboard/mouse still worked.

There's absolutely no cushioning, 10-12 inches isn't very high of a drop. I've dropped my cell phone so many times from higher heights.

h3nna

Mar 15, 2011
i too have broke the screen on my disgo 6000 does anyone know how to bypass the calibration of the touch screen as i just flashed back to factory. Any advise much appreciated.

jweidner

Jan 11, 2011
I hooked up my usb mouse/keyboard combo to the the unit without a problem. I'm not sure if that will allow you to calibrate, but it's worth a shot.

netscaven

Jan 19, 2012
Greetings All.

I look forward to sharing in the wealth of knowledge you all have to offer.

My Tablet: 7" VIA Apad 8650 Green LED, Black mic jack. Upgraded using Uberoid

Here's my question: This tablet is from china, and I dropped it a few days back causing the screen to crack which disabled the touch screen. I disassembled it, removing the touch screen and see the following part number on the screen: AP580CA-A2. I have looked around everywhere but cannot seem to find the exact screen with part number. How specific are the screens in terms of replacement? Would I be able to use another 7" screen that also has 4 wires? Where could I find this screen part, or similar, online?

Thanks for your help

cadiman

Dec 30, 2011
First off so far all of the generic tablets 7" I have found the digitizers on ebay. There are a few companies (hong kong) that are selling these.

I am working with one company in hong kong and I am sure I can come up with replacement digitizer screens.

The trick here that everybody is missing is we all have a 7" tablet with a broken screen. The screen is not 7" it is more like 6.5 inches.

There are several listings for 6.5 digitizers and the ribbons cables are at the short end of the digitizer which is where most of them are.

The generic tablets come out the side mostly and I have purchased a few already.

I found these companies when I had to repair my dad`s garmin that I dropped.

Don`t worry about dealing with hong kong. Everyone has always been very helpful and they want our business.

You will find that all this stuff was made there anyway and that is where you need to go to find the parts.

The ones I am looking for are the coby and the sylvania and pandigital.

They are fairly easy to replace if you take your time (except coby, there is a trick for them). I will buy a junk one on ebay for a few bucks to learn how to take them apart as to not ruin yours.

You could also just ask me. I have taken them all apart. I have already broken them to save you the trouble.

Taylormade

Apr 14, 2012
First off so far all of the generic tablets 7" I have found the digitizers on ebay. There are a few companies (hong kong) that are selling these.

I am working with one company in hong kong and I am sure I can come up with replacement digitizer screens.

The trick here that everybody is missing is we all have a 7" tablet with a broken screen. The screen is not 7" it is more like 6.5 inches.

There are several listings for 6.5 digitizers and the ribbons cables are at the short end of the digitizer which is where most of them are.

The generic tablets come out the side mostly and I have purchased a few already.

I found these companies when I had to repair my dad`s garmin that I dropped.

Don`t worry about dealing with hong kong. Everyone has always been very helpful and they want our business.

You will find that all this stuff was made there anyway and that is where you need to go to find the parts.

The ones I am looking for are the coby and the sylvania and pandigital.

They are fairly easy to replace if you take your time (except coby, there is a trick for them). I will buy a junk one on ebay for a few bucks to learn how to take them apart as to not ruin yours.

You could also just ask me. I have taken them all apart. I have already broken them to save you the trouble.

I was wondering do you have a store front....or is this sumn you jus do in your spare time because im close to cleveland and I have an ipad and two sylvanias with cracked screens

J

jimbo7630

Seems as if the Stop Gap solution is to try the USB Keyboard and Mouse remedy.