Browser Advice?

LTCSZ

Jun 6, 2011
I have tried several of the available browsers for the A500 but none of them seem satisfactory...Either slower than the default browser (?) or buggy...Can anyone recommend a good browser for Android? Pay or Free, doesn't matter; i just want it to work! Thanks,

Steve

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
The default browser is one of the best browsers out there, but you have to configure it to your liking.

Some people want it to render the whole page. (I find that a waste of time, I'm not interested in the ads).
Some want to to reformat the page so that the text of the articles you are reading is expanded and the ads are
not even shown. Play with the settings.
The last thing you want it to do is render the whole page so that you have to zoom before you can even read anything.

Dolphin Mini and Dolphin HD are simply thin wrappers around the stock browser in an attempt to supply more features,
but by definition they can't be faster than stock, because they use the stock browser. Some of the features are worth while
but most are simply gimmicks.

Opera is a totally separate browser engine. Its pretty fast. You should down load it and give it a fair trial for a week.

Then there is Mozilla which is a hopeless pig of a browser. Run away from it like your hair is on fire.

All browsers have "bugs". There is no absolutely correct way to render a web page. It was never meant to be that way.
Some sites (like this one) are so overloaded with ads that nothing helps.

powell

Jun 14, 2011
This is a question that bothers me too.
I personally like Opera, for its speed and other things, but I had some glitches that make me wonder if it is a good choice.
For example, if I log in to the PayPal site and then Log out, pressing the "Back" button shows the last view of my PayPal account... It could be a PayPal's fault as well, however, on the stock browser I do not have such problems.
Besides, one site, that I read often, is displayed in the clumsy mobile version, even if I do not use the "Mobile" setting in Opera. Strange....

nspur

Jun 5, 2011
Opera is a totally separate browser engine. Its pretty fast. You should down load it and give it a fair trial.

I like Opera a lot, use it on Windows and Linux (Ubuntu), but the Mobile and Mini versions for Android don't want to synchronise my bookmarks and notes so I've given it up for the moment. The default browser is pretty good though