Browser issue, maybe 2

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Does anyone know how to fix the browser randomly closing?

There's no force close notice or anything, it just randomly closes when I'm in the middle of something.

This problem seems to be amplified by the use of a mouse.

I'm using a Logitech wireless w/ a dongle. I think I may be using it wrong. Besides being random, it closes when I double click to open something. Are the mouse functions not exactly the same when using it on the tablet?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Try not double clicking. Its a tablet, not a desktop computer.

I find maps crashes a lot (especially with satellite view) but the browser seems to crash less frequently than before 3.2.

I leave my Flash set at On Demand, so I don't have to wait for a page full of flash to load. I think flash still has some major performance bugs.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
OK.
I was doing single click, but it would just zoom in and out. I'll assume I wasn't completely over a link. I remember reading somewhere that the mice w/ dongles can be twitchy. I couldn't find a dongle free mouse online. Found a real bluetooth keyboard w/ a usb port. Was thinking of picking that up and seeing if i could connect the mouse via the keyboard. I want to leave the tablet's port open for other thing, that and it just looks silly hanging there the whole time.
Thanks

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Mine does that ALOT. And I am only using touch control. Seems like mostly when I click a link it will just crash to the home screen. (v3.2)

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Try not double clicking. Its a tablet, not a desktop computer.

I find maps crashes a lot (especially with satellite view) but the browser seems to crash less frequently than before 3.2.

I leave my Flash set at On Demand, so I don't have to wait for a page full of flash to load. I think flash still has some major performance bugs.
Where do you set flash to on demand, I do not see it in the flash settings.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
I was wondering if Flash was the issue. I went to 3 sites today to watch something and was told I neec to update to the current version of Flash. My first thought was "but I just updated to 11"

Is Flash one of those things that the updates can be easily uninstalled and reinstalled? I might try it and see if that works.