BT Keyboards w Honeycomb 3.2.1

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
Anybody try any bluetooth keyboards on the new OS yet. HC should have native support for keyboards now, no third-party apps needed. Will be picking one up tomorrow, and give a review of it.

Ken401

Nov 19, 2011
I have a Motorola KZ500 BT keyboard and it works fine with Honeycomb on the tablet. I also used a Targus BT mouse simultaneously without problem. In fact, it almost seemed to work better than that combo on my Xoom during the short time I tried it last night.

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
$IMG_0006.JPG
I picked up the Logitec tablet keyboard For Android 3+. Works great. No bugs have been detected and all the FN links seem to be working. Setup took second to complete. Cost was about $50 dollars US and it comes with a case for the keyboard that converts into a stand for the tablet. Will be checking to see how battery life is affected. Range seems to be about 40 ft outside about 20 indoors.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Very nice setup. Wow, that is a great range. How can you see the screen when you are 40 feet away typing though? ;)

Conspirator

Feb 10, 2012
Binoculars on a tripod and a laser rangefinder. This was outside, level ground and line of sight.

The best thing that I liked was that the function keys all worked. Allowed quick access moving between browser music email and calender without dropping out and searching throught the apps or folder to open them. Volume adjust and player controls is awesome also.

devildog

Dec 22, 2011
This sounds perfect for those who want to use the HDMI out to a TV. I've seen complaints about the HDMI micro to HDMI cables being so short you end up sitting CLOSE to the TV so you can work the tablet controls.
Using a bluetooth keyboard should take care of that.