Built in and external Mike

Aussieroo

Oct 5, 2011
[h=6]I love my A500 and only have one frustrating issue with it. Since Skype released video conferencing on the A500 I am almost totally happy. I found the internal microphone to be next to useless, so I opted instead to use the head set that came with the iPhone. So far so good. The first time I used it I had great listening volume and great microphone pick up. However something changed over night and now the mike is very low in sensitivity again and the volume cannot be adjusted in skype or google talk. I have been unable to find anywhere to adjust the mike or volume. The volume does not respond to the controls like it does with listening to music with the same head phones. As a listening only set they work great and respond well to the tablets control button. However once in Skype or Google I cannot adjust the ear piece volume or the mike sensitivity. I would appreciate some help with this. I have two head sets and they both work fine on the iPhones so they are not the problem.[/h]

halliong

Sep 29, 2011
Ditto - people can't hear me when video conferencing with Skype - I understand it is an Android App problem - if this is the case, will there be an upgrade soon?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Aussieroo

Oct 5, 2011
I have spent a couple of days searching the internet on this problem and it seems the problem is wide spread.
Skype kindly released a much anticipated version for the A500 this week and video works great, just a shame the audio isn't there to go along with it.