Bummer: "System Update is invalid and will be canceled"

wosto

May 18, 2011
I was very excited to see the new update downloading for my A500, but when installing it gave me the error: "The system update is invalid and will be canceled"

Tried redownloading and reinstalling three times, same result.

Am I the only one having an issue with the new update? Let me guess, I am... :(

Wosto - NC, USA

pdog1978

May 1, 2011
Same issue, restarted and installed fine.... 3.1 is a done deal for me... West Michigan.... wish u could resize all widgets

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

phonegunner

May 18, 2011
Here is SLC, UT

Downloaded 122mg file but said was bad...

Pulled MicroSD card and re-downloaded ... going thru update now...

Ted...

Edited to add: Up and all OK on 3.1

Last edited:

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Here is SLC, UT

Downloaded 122mg file but said was bad...

Pulled MicroSD card and re-downloaded ... going thru update now...

Ted...

Interesting.....someone else had the same problem but it worked fine for me....with the card in...

wosto

May 18, 2011
Belay my last..... 4th try was a charm.... 3.1 installed, ready willing and able!

lcc337

Jul 6, 2011
same stuff is happening to me. I had it rooted, then unrooted it. Never changed any files or removed anything and everytime i download the update, reboot, the update fails and the bee has a big X. I rebooted a million times. With and without sd card. Made sure memory card and device have storage room. Nothing works. The update is 4.010.08 and it is 122.71 mb. Anyone have any ideas? I am going to fling this thing across the room very soon

EZguy

Jul 3, 2011
same stuff is happening to me. I had it rooted, then unrooted it. Never changed any files or removed anything and everytime i download the update, reboot, the update fails and the bee has a big X. I rebooted a million times. With and without sd card. Made sure memory card and device have storage room. Nothing works. The update is 4.010.08 and it is 122.71 mb. Anyone have any ideas? I am going to fling this thing across the room very soon

Mine went in fine on first try, with SD card installed. I had resisted doing any rooting, waiting to see what happened with 3.1 Looks like it took out that Cell Standby that used up so much memory...

lcc337

Jul 6, 2011
Mine went in fine on first try, with SD card installed. I had resisted doing any rooting, waiting to see what happened with 3.1 Looks like it took out that Cell Standby that used up so much memory...

I waited till 7/4/11 to do cause I get fed up of waiting. Later that day I saw updates started rolling out. I dont know what else to try.

robalbrecht

Jul 6, 2011
I got the same message many times. I took out the sd card and did a factory reset. That worked for me. It might be naive to think, but I figured that the apps that I downloaded were set for 3.0.1, and not 3.1. By getting rid of those, the system was able to update. I have since redownloaded the apps that were erasedmand I am back to normal. Good luck.

brucebarrera

Apr 27, 2011
With my A500 something weird happened: I was able to download the update, tried to install, got the "System update is invalid" message and now I'm stuck with 3.01 because the update doesn't show up again and the "check for update" option tells me that I'm up to date although I'm NOT!!!

Does anyone knows how to force the update to show up again? I wasn't even able to try again because it simply doesn't show up for me!

thanks in advance...

wentzeric

Aug 18, 2010
Just bought mine Sunday and it just now notified me for an update. It failed twice but I removed my SD card and uninstalled all the Tablet style apps I had installed and third time was the charm. Now where is that 3.2 update ..........

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Just bought mine Sunday and it just now notified me for an update. It failed twice but I removed my SD card and uninstalled all the Tablet style apps I had installed and third time was the charm. Now where is that 3.2 update ..........

That's weird.
I just blindly went ahead and in installed without removing anything.
It just worked.

Are you on some wonky internet connection or something?

TechWrangler

Jul 21, 2011
Does anyone have any solution to this problem? I'm having it too. Here's my story:

Current build: Acer_A500_1.139.05_COM_GEN1 (Android 3.0.1)
Update size: 386.70 MB

After having the download get stuck and unable to resume every time the screen blanked (I think), I've finally managed to download the update by keeping the unit awake manually. And then the update failed: 'System update is invalid and has been canceled'. I reloaded it and it failed again. And again. I'm on my 4th time now. It'd be nice to have some more detail on what is 'invalid'.

I have no SD card in the slot and have not tried to root the machine. And my internet is not wonky... :)

I guess I'm willing to return the machine to its factory settings, but this seems pretty extreme to apply a routine patch. If they want these things to compete with iPads they've got some work to do...

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Set your sleep time to 10 minutes, or turn it off all together till this is completed.
Find a good fast wifi connection.
Set your Wifi Dosconnect policy to NEVER.
Clear some space if your tablet is more than half full.

Then try to download again.

Last edited: