Buttons Won't Work!

StefyG

Mar 8, 2011
My stupid back, home, and menu buttons will not work. I was figuring it was because maybe it was going dead or something and I had just received my Coby 7015 tablet YESTERDAY.. plus it won't connect to my internet... Should I return it or what? I don't want to have to turn the device on and off jus to go back to my home screen :confused:

M in KC

Jan 12, 2011
Make sure your batery is sufficiently charged, if so simply pressing the "reset" button may cure your current problem. Check your build date and confirm that you have the latest firmware from Coby. If you don't have the lastest frimware you will need to follow the instructions on Coby's website to update it.

quonmozes

Dec 25, 2010
i had a similer problem. if you just bought it you should return it. but i would try this. turn off your tablet. and when you go to turn it back on hold the silver back button (when my buttons stopped working they worked for this) and the power button. hold this untill an android with a warning triangle comes up. than you can let go of the buttons. now click the silver button again. it should bring you to a recovery screen type thing. with the home and the menu button scroll down to factory reset/wipe and click the silver button. now click reboot tablet now. now it will be like your tablet is brand new so just follow the on screen directions. when at the home screen check if your buttons work. oh like i said my buttons didnt work when i was on the home screen,music,ect. but they seemed to work when i did this . hope i helped!