Buying a cheap tablet - what can go wrong?

Jack2435

Oct 27, 2011
Hi, everyone! I'm thinking of buying this tablet MG106G (for 325€ = $ for technology usually)

There is almost no information about it on the web (other than their webpage). No reviews, nothing. So I'm turning to you folks! ;)

Here are the main specs:
Size 10inch
CPU Freescale i.MX51 CORTEX A8 Frequency 1GHz
Operate System Android 2.2
Storage 4GB/8GB(Optional)
Memory 512MB
Ports 2 USB, 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, DC-in jack, TF card reader, 3G SIM card slot, MINI HDMI OUTPUT(support 1080P)
Bluetooth Yes
Camera 1.3 Mega pixel
Dimensions 248.8*189.2*14.5mm, 0.85KG

What do you think about it? The specs look good, but what can go wrong when buying a cheep tablet?

I'm worrying about the quality of display. Is it possible that it has terrible viewing angles compared to other tablets?
Or can such cheap tablet be loud and noisy?

P.S.: Does anybody know the brand? Or does someone recognize the look? Does it sell by some other name in America?

Jack2435

Oct 27, 2011
@skyzhuo268: Thanks for the link with the pictures! But I still don't get how can you know that it has good viewing angles? What's the processor got to do with display?

@mattg3:
You're right. What was I thinking... It's not cheap, rather cost-effective.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi, everyone! I'm thinking of buying this tablet MG106G (for 325€ = $ for technology usually)

There is almost no information about it on the web (other than their webpage). No reviews, nothing. So I'm turning to you folks! ;)

Here are the main specs:
Size 10inch

CPU Freescale i.MX51 CORTEX A8 Frequency 1GHz

Operate System Android 2.2

Storage 4GB/8GB(Optional)

Memory 512MB
Ports 2 USB, 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, DC-in jack, TF card reader, 3G SIM card slot, MINI HDMI OUTPUT(support 1080P)

Bluetooth Yes
Camera 1.3 Mega pixel

Dimensions 248.8*189.2*14.5mm, 0.85KG

What do you think about it? The specs look good, but what can go wrong when buying a cheep tablet?

I'm worrying about the quality of display. Is it possible that it has terrible viewing angles compared to other tablets?
Or can such cheap tablet be loud and noisy?

P.S.: Does anybody know the brand? Or does someone recognize the look? Does it sell by some other name in America?
yep, this is a good one with high resolution capacitive touch screen:1024*768, it's for $219 in our site, you can have a look: 9.7" TFT Capacitive Touch Screen Android 2.2 Tablet PC with Freescale I.MX515 1GHZ ARM Cortex-A8 Processor and 8GB Built-in Memory - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
hope you find a most cost-effective tablet finally... good luck!

Jack2435

Oct 27, 2011
yep, this is a good one with high resolution capacitive touch screen:1024*768, it's for $219 in our site, you can have a look: 9.7" TFT Capacitive Touch Screen Android 2.2 Tablet PC with Freescale I.MX515 1GHZ ARM Cortex-A8 Processor and 8GB Built-in Memory - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
hope you find a most cost-effective tablet finally... good luck!

Great - but I've got a few questions! ;)

1.) Do you ship to Slovenia?

2.) How much would such delivery cost - including: shipping, duties, and taxes - for Slovenia?

3.) In case the tablet has to be returned (guarantee/repair) - where do I send it to?

4.) And does it come with European 220V charger?

Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Great - but I've got a few questions! ;)

1.) Do you ship to Slovenia?

2.) How much would such delivery cost - including: shipping, duties, and taxes - for Slovenia?

3.) In case the tablet has to be returned (guarantee/repair) - where do I send it to?

4.) And does it come with European 220V charger?

Hi Jack,
1) Of course we can ship to Slovenia.
2) The shipping cost will be $31.48 via DHL, we will write less value on the invoice come with package, so you will not or pay less duties at your custom.
3) This tablet is very stable in quality, it will have no problem, also we will double check before shippment to make sure the tablet works great when you get it. we sell hundreds of this model each month, and we always got good response from our customs, but for in case there is any problem for return, you need to send to our head office at Shenzhen of China.
4) Yes, it comes with European 220V charger!
welcome to order, hope you have a good experience in our site! thanks!:)

Jack2435

Oct 27, 2011
Hi Jack,
1) Of course we can ship to Slovenia.
2) The shipping cost will be $31.48 via DHL, we will write less value on the invoice come with package, so you will not or pay less duties at your custom.
3) This tablet is very stable in quality, it will have no problem, also we will double check before shippment to make sure the tablet works great when you get it. we sell hundreds of this model each month, and we always got good response from our customs, but for in case there is any problem for return, you need to send to our head office at Shenzhen of China.
4) Yes, it comes with European 220V charger!
welcome to order, hope you have a good experience in our site! thanks!:)

Well, this is really nice!

Do you sell any tablets with IPS (or even AFFS) display?

rHale

Nov 7, 2011
I think it's better to pay more but to get a product of a decent quality. That's my personal opinion though but I would better wait and get myself a better one.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Well, this is really nice!

Do you sell any tablets with IPS (or even AFFS) display?
Hello jack, i just heard the news from the manufacturer, they said that this 9.7" tablet which i mentioned above is now available with IPS display, and it's still for sale at $219 in our site.
really a good news isn't it?:)