Buying an app for someone?

LoveApps

Jan 19, 2013
My daughter and I have the same tablet (Samsung Galaxy tab 2). There is a health app that I want to put on her tablet but it costs money and she does not have a credit card. Is there a way I can pay for it and download it on her tablet?
i don't think I can download it on my tablet then trasfer it to her tablet, but if it is possible then how do I find it on my tablet once its been downloaded?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm going to guess that you don't both use the same account. The only way I could think of is for you to log into her account using her login name and password and register YOUR CC. From there you can tell the app to install to her tablet, on the site or you could tell her to do it. She could also get a pre-paid card or a debit card.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Another option is to buy a Play Store gift card and add it to her account.

Most stores in the US (WalMart, Target, Best Buy, etc.) sell Play Store gift cards.

I will say that there ARE ways to backup an app. I will not recommend doing it, or delving into the details as it is against the rules of the forum to "pirate" software.

Yes, I know you purchased it on one play account, but technically it should only be installed on that tablet. Properly contributing to app developers by purchasing their apps helps them to improve the apps.

LoveApps

Jan 19, 2013
Thanks for your suggestions Leeshor and Frederuco.
accessing her account and giving my credit card details would not work as she could then buy apps and it would go on my credit card and I would have no control on what she buys.
i like the idea of being able to buy a play store gift card. I think I've seen them as android cards. Gift cards are also useful if you don't want to give your credit card details to the play store and don't want to get temped to over spend money.

LoveApps

Jan 19, 2013
I tried to buy a gift card for my daughter but the only ones they sell in my city are for the iPad. My daughter does not have a credit card such as a Visa card.
is it possible for me to buy the app, download it onto my tablet then copy it to her tablet? The app is of no interest to me but will be very useful for her as it is related to health.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
You may want to check this link Google Play ? Google and see oif it comes up with anything. The answer to your question is essentially no. You can't transfer an app to another device. (there are ways but it's not for a novice and may not be worth the effort).

brz44MI

Jan 24, 2013
Yes very simple..uae google play str app MY App Sharer..just select apk & mail any app thru ur email..aft u set which email u will use...if it is pulled from play store email me @ [email protected] 4 it

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Lets get ' sharing ' and ' piracy ' clear here... sharing an app can have legal implications if it was a paid product, be sure to consult your country's laws before proceeding with any form of sharing.

I would like to think that Androidtablets.net as a whole does not support the sharing of paid applications as that would violate US DMCA laws, even more-so if the user is using market 3.10 there is now ping back tracking for legal action in future endeavors.

Unless you have explicit in writing from the author to replicate in such as manor as you have discussed without paying for it would be piracy in most country's, just because an app can do something does not make it legal.

my 2 cents on the topic

LoveApps

Jan 19, 2013
All the more reason that play store should tell prepaid cards like iPad does for its app store.

its not a major problem for some as for every pay for app there is a simular free app.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I am not sure how far Amazon's Appstore has gone, but I think it is just US & Europe for now.

Hopefully in time (perhaps a year?) that there will be more options to buy Play Store cards as well as other appstores.