C# IDEs

KaitoX

Dec 31, 2012
Myself and several friends do small time coding. C#, Java, HTML, and so on. I have a Android 4.0 tablet and am trying to talk some of them into getting one as well. I am hoping to find some programming assistance tools to help tilt the 'debate' in my favor. Most of us use Visual Studios when at the PC so something akin to that for the Android would make my arguement and break all resistances. Any suggestions?

We have very little problem with BUYING a program as long as we can see hands on proof it works first. A demo or trial would work wonders if it is a paid program.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
If you want to code on the tablet, look at AIDE. It is java, but you mentioned that you do java as well as C#. I have much more experience with c# than java, but I still find it easier to use java than c# for the android just because of fewer hoops to jump through, nearly all sample code being useful, Google IO videos being largely about java (or Webkit + JS). c# can be made to work, but I would only go that route if I had a significant amount of ready to use classes for complex computations or logic. Anyway, the free version of AIDE will install with everything you need in a couple of minutes and let you start playing with projects based off of one of three samples (text hello, graphic tetris game and clock widget). The full version is $10. I could kick myself for missing the $2.61 price a few days ago. I loaded the free one to play with and decided it was worth it and when I went back I found out the price I had seen was a sale. @#$%!!!