/cache/recovery

GoreckiMike

Dec 28, 2010
I have been trying to find an answer for a "brick" android. I bought a tablet back in Xmas and everything was fine. I attempted to have it d/l a update... and then it bricked.

1. Power/Home to get to recovery screen.
  2. D/L update from this forum to a Sd card.
  3. Attempted to apply update - "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command"
How can I restore this dir to I can wipe the device to "factory"?:confused:

GoreckiMike

Dec 28, 2010
Sorry for the delay. I bought a !ICAN 10 tablet; simular desing to a Flybook. The hardware was the best I ever saw: 2 SDCards, 2 USB ports, Ethernet. The first time there was an company update pushed, the unit bricked. We were told that an update was to be shipped to us soon on a new SDCard. None came as of yet. The orig. forums suggest a method of resetting the unit to base settings. That worked.

The forum members then suggest a current Android update from another forum. I D/L and copied the file to a SDCard and inserted it into the machine. I then went to the boot menu to apply the update and got ths message that the "Cache/Recovery? folder could not be found. The two SDCard have no such file structure (C: = SDCard 1, D: = SDCard 2, E: ..."Cache/Recovery" = ?".

So, although I do have a working unit, I cannot update to any current Android OS version. Either I try to Hack it or Replace it.

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Seems indeed like a nice tablet! But too bad the upgrading doesn't go well, I wish I could help you but I don't have any experiences with this device, good luck finding a way to update though!