Calling iiDiabolusZz - Need Your Help Again Please!

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
Thanks very much for all your help with my V712 - now I need to do my Vi40 Dual Core - is it the same process? Is all the firmware for the different Vi40 models the same?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thanks very much for all your help with my V712 - now I need to do my Vi40 Dual Core - is it the same process? Is all the firmware for the different Vi40 models the same?

Hi, they are all different, but the flashing process is the same, is it a vi40 dual-core? if so then the firmware link is below, if it is vi40 Elite or Ultimate then you will need the version number from the serial number on back of tablet.

vi40 Dual Core - http://file2.mydrivers.com/ondata/download/driver/oamp3/VI40D/VI40D_v2.0-1129SD.zip

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
Hi, they are all different, but the flashing process is the same, is it a vi40 dual-core? if so then the firmware link is below, if it is vi40 Elite or Ultimate then you will need the version number from the serial number on back of tablet.

vi40 Dual Core - http://file2.mydrivers.com/ondata/download/driver/oamp3/VI40D/VI40D_v2.0-1129SD.zip

Yep - its the Vi40 Dual-Core. Its looking like about 2 hours before the download comes in, so maybe I can pick your brain about something? When the tablet is up-dated and rooted, do I have to move a "google play.apk" file from the sd to the root user?

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
OK, this update from onda isn't working for me - I put the update.zip - patch.zip - factory_update_param.aml onto the SD card and do the recovery start. All goes fine - first the white Android then the Green Androind with the staus bar, but 40 seconds into the update and the green Android ends up on his back with his bell-door open and a red triangle sticking out - above that is a list of options including system restart, apply update from sd card, wipe/data - factory reset..etc..etc.. But I dont seem to have any way of selecting any of these options. Also, underneath there is a lot of yellow writing saying basically the update has failed - any ideas?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
OK, this update from onda isn't working for me - I put the update.zip - patch.zip - factory_update_param.aml onto the SD card and do the recovery start. All goes fine - first the white Android then the Green Androind with the staus bar, but 40 seconds into the update and the green Android ends up on his back with his bell-door open and a red triangle sticking out - above that is a list of options including system restart, apply update from sd card, wipe/data - factory reset..etc..etc.. But I dont seem to have any way of selecting any of these options. Also, underneath there is a lot of yellow writing saying basically the update has failed - any ideas?

The yellow writing will tell you why its failed, could you let me no, also your other question- google play should install after root.

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
OK, this is what it says :

E; bad bootloader arguments
"(null)"
finding uopdate package...
opening update package...
verifying update package..
installing update..
finding update package... this basically repeats itself until:

set-perm: some changes failed
E: error in /sdcard/patch.zip
(status 7)
installlation patch aborted
formatting /data
Data wipe failed...
formatting media...
media wipe failed..

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Is that the Onda patch.zip file your using? Can you get to the recovery menu, try wipe/reset/clear cache/media and install update from sdcard.

Last edited:

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
Yes, it is the Onda patch I downloaded from the link you posted.The recovery menu comes on the screen above the "yellow" alerts and the broken android, butI dont seem to have the ability to choose any of the options, i've tried using the volume button but that just selects the the option that is highlighted - re-boot system. I have rolled back to an older version(1.0 7-11) but the wi-fi wont work at all when it boots up?

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Yes, it is the Onda patch I downloaded from the link you posted.The recovery menu comes on the screen above the "yellow" alerts and the broken android, butI dont seem to have the ability to choose any of the options, i've tried using the volume button but that just selects the the option that is highlighted - re-boot system. I have rolled back to an older version(1.0 7-11) but the wi-fi wont work at all when it boots up?

Im downloading the file, i will get back to you.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012

Hi, in your firmware folder copy update+patch.zip along with factory_update_param.aml / u-boot.bin / uImage_recovery and boot to recovery.

Once done use the root section in this guide -
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ing-play-store-google-apps-root-explorer.html

Last edited:

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
Just tried it with the second Vi40 DC I bought (all 3 are christmas presents) and I got all the same errors, exept this one just shut down and wont turn back on !!!! it wont even go to recovery mode....help!!!!!

Last edited:

leftygt

Apr 11, 2012
Have you tried it with only the update/patch.zip and factory.aml on sdcard, format sdcard to FAT32, i cant understand why it is failing to set permissions as it is a onda file.

Yep, tried that before, no luck. My biggest problem now is that I cant turn the tablet on - I've read on other forums that this does happen, and the way around it is to use the "USB Burning tool". I've been trying that all morning and I'm getting as far as "load the upgrade file" - but when I do I get a warning saying "find no upgrade config, please load it manually!"