Camera Won't Take Picture Outside

Aug 2, 2012
Samsung galaxy 2 ,7 tablet will take pictures inside but if you go outside to take a picture it just comes up a blank gray pic. Anything to bright it will not take the shot...does'nt make sense tried all setting buttons
.is this a normal thing or should i return it...
STUMPED....?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

It does sound like it may be a sensor problem in the tablet. If you have ICS try installing Camera ICS from the Google Store to rule out the app as the problem. If you get the same results, exchange it.

Sorentoman

Oct 1, 2012
Don't feel alone, my Tab 2 does the exact same thing. This is the replacement unit that I received from Samsung to replace the first unit that did the exact same thing. Gray pictures almost every time. Seems to happen when I am outside, but without flash it's not easy to take photos inside. Flip camera around and take pic with front camera and it works fine (not easy to do). Also impossible to use for scan and barcoding apps, can't focus properly. To top it off the replacement unit will not always charge properly. In answer to your question I can only say good luck and keep us posted.

Sorentoman

Oct 1, 2012
leeshor said:
Welcome to the forum

It does sound like it may be a sensor problem in the tablet. If you have ICS try installing Camera ICS from the Google Store to rule out the app as the problem. If you get the same results, exchange it.

Kudos to leeshor, using Camera ICS I can take pictures outside, no more gray pictures. this also worked for my brother on his Tab 2 (GT-P3113). Now if I could scan barcodes.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Kudos to leeshor, using Camera ICS I can take pictures outside, no more gray pictures. this also worked for my brother on his Tab 2 (GT-P3113). Now if I could scan barcodes.

I do love it when a plan comes together. Great that it's working well for you.

jerryepower

Dec 14, 2012
My tablet has exactly the same problem; grey box for pictures outside. Video outside works fine. I sent it to Samsung repair in Plano and it came back with the exact same problem as if they'd done nothing at all. Funny thing is it'll take pictures outside at night but not during the day. Samsung advised me to do a factory reset: no help. Don't do it you'll loose everything. Then they had my try resetting the resolution of the camera to lower than 3.2M: it worked once then more of the same at any resolution. Then one guy at Samsung admitted that they knew all about it and that there are THOUSANDS of tablets with the same problem and it was a bad batch of CMOS chips associated with the camera circuit. My reply was "then why didn't you fix it or issue a manufacturers recall of the bad batches?". They had me send it again to Samsung repair in Plano. My confidence level = 0.