Can 10.0 Be Powered Off With Fewer 'Keystrokes'

rapTabNet

Feb 18, 2012
New to tablet ... and forum.

Is there a way to turn power off faster ... i.e fewer 'operator actions'?

I 'push' the power switch for a few seconds ... get a "tablet options" screen to which have to choose 'power off' .... then get a "power off" screen to which choose 'turn off'. Is there a one screen option?

I searched several diff Android forums but either no info or wrong keyword.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Just keep holding the button for a second or two and it should power down. You should also be able to find apps in the market which will let you make widgets to do things like power down just by touching the widget/shortcut.

rapTabNet

Feb 18, 2012
Thanks for the update ... unfortunately when I hold the button down for 1-2 the page above is displayed (2 responses required). If the button is held for 5-6 seconds the tab is turned off (apparently)_ but then is restarted after in a few seconds.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Thanks for the update ... unfortunately when I hold the button down for 1-2 the page above is displayed (2 responses required). If the button is held for 5-6 seconds the tab is turned off (apparently)_ but then is restarted after in a few seconds.

I'm not familiar with the gtab specifically but I did mean to continue to hold for a couple of seconds after the menu appears.

It shuts down as expected at that point but the restart is unexpected. This could possibly be from holding the button too long after it shuts down and actually initiating a new power up or may simply be the the gtab has a reboot on power hold rather than power down. You can try letting go of the power button as soon as the screen goes black after the power menu and see if that helps.

rapTabNet

Feb 18, 2012
I'm not familiar with the gtab specifically but I did mean to continue to hold for a couple of seconds after the menu appears.

It shuts down as expected at that point but the restart is unexpected. This could possibly be from holding the button too long after it shuts down and actually initiating a new power up or may simply be the the gtab has a reboot on power hold rather than power down. You can try letting go of the power button as soon as the screen goes black after the power menu and see if that helps.
Thanks again ... misunderstood - sorry, new to tab (doesn't work like a PC)

Held button for 6-7 seconds (until screen black, then releasaed immediaely) ... tab shut down with no restart. Before had been holding down too long and tab thought I was restarting.

I guess it's the best can hpe for (takes longer the responding but don't hae to press icon)... I'm too used to clicking a PC icon and Windows will end.

Just trying to set up before giving to wife as present and know she'll want it to stop immediately - she's a little impatient.

Issue RESOLVED