Can Anyone Help Me???

jwhood

May 20, 2012
Hello i just bought a new tablet frm biglots store,it is called a "d2 pad 7inch allwinner a10 ics 4.0 tablet with 1gb of memory,im new to the tablet scene as i had a nextbook but sold it to get this tablet and was trying to find out which cwm to flash and also what cm9 or a.o.k.p i can flash for this tablet,it seems to be pre-rooted but does not have market either,if anybody can give me some guidence it would be very helpful,also here is only info i can find on it at allhttp://www.d2pad.info/,i also have white tablet thanks again!!!

Sent from the corner of "Long & Gone!!!!:cool:

Last edited:

jwhood

May 20, 2012
See what i mean there is nothing about this tab,i need to know which scripts to flash and what cwm to use

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Never heard of this tablet, so can't really say what would or would not work on it.

jwhood

May 20, 2012
I know freakin crazy as hell,i cant believe there is nothing on internet nothing i googled everything related to d2 pad but i get nothing,i cant even get firmware to reflash if i mess it up,done had to take back one cause it got stuck in bootloop,and could not figure how to get into built in recovery,i tryed every button combanation but no luck hope somebody can find something i over looked

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

bcole

Oct 21, 2012
hey man, I am new to linux as well. My two cents, is return the diablotek and go to Kohl's and get the Zeki TB782B. It's a little bit more ($139) but you can easily use this procedure, Flash the Android Market Voice search to Zeki TB1082B & TB782B and no need root - xda-developers, to install market and some other nice apps(it worked for me). I also tried this procedure on the diablotek and couldn't get it to update. (Probably could if I was more knowledgeable) The specs are the same on the Zeki, but it has 8gb instead of 4gb of storage. The build quality of the Zeki seems better as well.

arnoldmm54

Oct 21, 2012
I went to Big Lots today and bought a Diablotek D2 tablet. So far so good and I definitely think it's worth the money.

If you want to install Google Play follow the instructions from this link, I used this for my Visual Land Connect and it works on the Diablotek D2 too.

Visual Land Tablets Google Play

Please note that the device driver I downloaded did not work and I downloaded 'adbWireless' from 1mobile and used that per the instructions in the link. Please note that this tablet comes with Android 4.0.4 .. at least mine did so make sure you download the correct file from the above link.

Last edited:

renee717

Oct 22, 2012
Hi I just bought same one and I don't have a clue what I am doing, I bought fot my little girl, but it seems ro work good. I am taking back the 7 inch craig tablet I got at cvs for 99.99. And I have till january 15 to check this one out , there is a number in box but they say go on web site and fill ticket out. I also got at big lots ..... let me know .

neogaia

Oct 22, 2012
I just bought this tablet too.

I used to have a MyTouch3G Android Phone (Gingerbread) and rooted it and put Cyanogenmod on there but lost that phone.

Would love to find out more about this phone. I'm pretty sure it comes pre-rooted but no idea what ROMs you can put on here. I'll wait for more people to check this out before trying anything that might brick the tablet.

So far it's worked really well. Only problems I've had is that when I updated 1Mobile Market, it gives a "network error" message though I seem to still be able to send things from the PC to the app. Would be nice to find a way to put Google Play on this, just because I purchased 2-3 apps that I didn't get a chance to make backups of on my phone before it got lost. [Pretty sure I'll be able to find a way to get those apps back without it though. Just won't be a 1 click process.]

Also Turntable.fm the app seems to load but then there's no music :( Amazon Market said it was incompatible with my device so no idea if there's some reason why it won't work on this tablet.

Last edited:

erron

Oct 23, 2012
I have this tablet and have been able to add the Play Store, Google apps. I also over/underclocked. It also bugged me the screen resolution was set too high that tablet optimized apps didn't work. So I added a build.prop tweak to get the tablet looking like it should. All the files needed and a tutorial are here:
http://sdrv.ms/PNTWJ5

EDIT: Just noticed that on 10/22 the D2 website uploaded a full firmware for us to flash. This is good news. Means we should be able to try a bunch of hacks on this without fear of killing it. I will try to get CWR working soon. Then some kind of CM10 rom.

Last edited:

Knight79

Oct 23, 2012
erron thanks for the post. My ? is do we need to flash the new firmware from D2 b4 your fixes or do your fixes without new firmware?

Knight79

Oct 23, 2012
Cool thanks for the help and fast reply

Erron So i have tried to update firmware but cant get the drivers to load and doesnt work manually and have tired your drivers also. I tried to run the file in the diablotek fixer but still doesent recognize the device. when i get home tonight i will try the manual method in your readme. I have even downloaded the firmware 4 times still no go. if you have any ideas let me know please. it may just be this comp. I have put in a ticket with support wait int to see what they say. Win 7 amd my d2pad is the 08 model

Last edited:

erron

Oct 23, 2012
Cool thanks for the help and fast reply

Erron So i have tried to update firmware but cant get the drivers to load and doesnt work manually and have tired your drivers also. I tried to run the file in the diablotek fixer but still doesent recognize the device. when i get home tonight i will try the manual method in your readme. I have even downloaded the firmware 4 times still no go. if you have any ideas let me know please. it may just be this comp. I have put in a ticket with support wait int to see what they say. Win 7 amd my d2pad is the 08 model

The drivers for the firmware update will be different than the USB drivers. Chances are it's just the computer. Was the computer recognizing the tablet going into flash mode at all?