can anyone help?

taxijeff

Oct 22, 2010
I have recently bought a Google Android tablet called "generic"
its Android version 1.6
Kernal version 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
WMT SDK WMT2.0
anyways i was wondering if there is anyway to improve the colour of the display??? as in make the colour a bit "bolder" as the colours look a little pale when i look at pictures or watch a video
thank you for any help you can give me in this matter ,,,one other thing can i update the firmware for this model? :eek:

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You have one of the many low power VIA 850x series of Tablets The VIA uses a low power ARM 11 variant which many times is used with low-price components. Your color may be due to the screen and not just the OS and processor. Quality can vary. On the Firmware update, I will be blunt. Unless there was a vendor/manufacturer provided firmware, your only hope is an enthusiast for your chipset. With the newer units coming out, the Firmware cooks and community developers will likely move to those units than the inherent issues for the VIA and known limitations.

Sorry

taxijeff

Oct 22, 2010
You have one of the many low power VIA 850x series of Tablets The VIA uses a low power ARM 11 variant which many times is used with low-price components. Your color may be due to the screen and not just the OS and processor. Quality can vary. On the Firmware update, I will be blunt. Unless there was a vendor/manufacturer provided firmware, your only hope is an enthusiast for your chipset. With the newer units coming out, the Firmware cooks and community developers will likely move to those units than the inherent issues for the VIA and known limitations.

Sorry

ok thank you for you feedback and help in this matter :)