Can Chinese Tablet Be Used Without A Battery?

androfreak123

Sep 18, 2013

I have a Chinese tablet xpad xpod 7" tablet, bought it 2 months ago, I am already having problem with battery, it is discharging too quickly, so I want to operate my tablet without battery, simply by plugging in the power adapter.

1. Can I operate tablet without battery?
  2. Will direct use of power adapter RUIN the tablet? :confused:

I do not need battery anyway, it is an unnecessary expense for me, it will wear out, it is a hassle, and I don't need it because I need to use the tablet in my home only.

I have tried to google for this, but no detailed reliable answers, it appears to be a grey area, I need expert opinion.

:D

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Most tablets will run on the charger, you'll have to try yours to be sure. Running it on the charger shouldn't damage your tablet, I've done it many times with all my tablets.

androfreak123

Sep 18, 2013
superfast reply, this is very useful forum! :cool:

glad to know there is someone whos tried this hack, (and it works too!)

I badly wanna try running my tablet without battery, but there is a little issue,

the battery cannot be taken out easily (as in a laptop for instance), the battery has TWO wires SOLDERED to it, so I am guessing that one wire comes in straight from power adapter, the other wire goes straight to the circuit board,

so if I join these two wires, I am guessing in my noobish way;), that not only will the cheap battery be bypassed, but now there will be direct connection from power adapter to circuit board, right?

sounds noobish, but there wouldnt be a need for forums if there werent any noobs right? :eek:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I badly wanna try running my tablet without battery, but there is a little issue,

the battery cannot be taken out easily (as in a laptop for instance), the battery has TWO wires SOLDERED to it, so I am guessing that one wire comes in straight from power adapter, the other wire goes straight to the circuit board,

so if I join these two wires, I am guessing in my noobish way;), that not only will the cheap battery be bypassed, but now there will be direct connection from power adapter to circuit board, right?

You're right, there would be a direct connection from power adapter to circuit board, however that may not be a good thing. AFAIK these tablet are designed to ALWAYS run off the battery in a "floating battery" arrangement. That is, the tablet is actually running off the battery even when the charger is plugged in. The battery acts as a filter of sorts that prevents line surges, brownouts etc. from damaging the tablet circuitry, and removing it would remove that protection.