can i change my flytouch 6 from AT&T VIMICRO MID

johnboy81

Apr 6, 2012
hi bit of a newbie so please bare with me.
i've recently bought a flytouch 6 and i'm happy with it but i have a problem when trying to download uk related apps i.e bbc iplayer, itv player etc. everything i have tried to install says its not compatible with my device AT&T VIMICRO MID. does anyone know how to get round this problem?
thanks in advance

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
isf your tab ics? Mine is & I couldn't load iplayer but after a bit of assistance managed to do so by designating a desktop location and altering browser to android . You can try it, maybe it will help. Its alittle slow to load up but plays fine so far.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

johnboy81

Apr 6, 2012
thanks for the reply i will definately try it, up to now everything i tried has said not compatible with your device AT&T VIMICRO MID or cannot be downloaded in your country ??

cyberjunkie

Feb 26, 2012
I have the same tablet.
I have set it to TIM/Italy instead of AT&T/USA with Market Unlocker.
The free version should not allow to set the market (Google Play) preferences on boot, i think youhave got to manually set it every time.
I'm using the Pro version, and i'm totally satisfied.
As of today, i'm still using a 2.3 kernel dated 5th December 2011. I installed it in the first place, after other experiments, cause it's the latest firmware with 3G (APN) support. Then i discovered that my Huawei E1800 dongle doesn't work as is, and that i need the USBDONGLE app to access the Internet via 3G. To put it in simple words... i could use any other firmware. Probably i will try a new ICS firmware soon, but for the moment i am too lazy, and i prefer to avoid trying to fix something that's perfectly working (both 3G and Bluetooth dongles work very well, and i have a ton of nice apps installed).

Enjoy your tablet, it's cheap and has a few weak spots, but works better than what i expected!

have fun

CJ

Sent from my MID using Tapatalk 2