Can I d/l apps to USB flash and install them later? How? (newbie)

Zhopa

Sep 26, 2011
Hi everyone,

I have simple question and guess it was answered hundreds time but still...

Due to limited drive space in Iconia, can I download some apps on USB flash drive and install them one by one later to test?

The reason for this: we go on vacation for one week to Cuba (and there is no free internet :), so I'd like to try different apps with educational games for my daughter.

Can I do it? How would I choose to download package without installation and how would I specify to save it on the stick? Or should I download apps using my computer?

Thanks for ideas!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Yeah, go with the computer method. Then move them to USB stick.

If you have a microSD card, you can also install them one or two at a time, Back them up with ES File manager (it has a built in App Backup that will back up to any directory you want), then uninstall them again.

Oh, and remember, your tablet is subject to inspection upon returning to the US, so don't have anything on there that you wouldn't let your kids have.

Last edited:

Zhopa

Sep 26, 2011
Thanks!
So I can not back up apps on USB flash, only on SD?

And I'm coming back to Canada, so it's not so bad :)

Thanks for info!

If you have a microSD card, you can also install them one or two at a time, Back them up with ES File manager (it has a built in App Backup that will back up to any directory you want), then uninstall them again.

Oh, and remember, your tablet is subject to inspection upon returning to the US, so don't have anything on there that you wouldn't let your kids have.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
You can back up to any directory you set in the Settings for ES File Explorer, so you can choose /mnt/usb_storage as your backup target.

With out a random "Eh" how was I to know you were Canadian? :D

Zhopa

Sep 26, 2011
Hi Icebike,

thanks for an idea with back-up using ES file manager. I just tried it and have one question: how do you designate folder where to back up? My Iconia backs up to sdcard/apps/backup by default. Where is the setting for this?

Thanks in advance!

OOOPPPPSSSS!!!!
I found it! Nevermind! Big thanks!