Can I shut off the Browser button?

Cozz

May 30, 2011
I'm sure I'm not the only here when I say that the board buttons are way too sensitive. I try to be careful but It sometimes happens. I give it to a freind with something loaded and the first thing that happens when they grab the tablet... the browser pops up. Over and over and over.

I don't mind the other buttons but the browser button needs to go.

colnago

May 18, 2011
I think someone on the forum said that you can go into settings and turn all of the buttons off, but it's all or nothing. I know what you mean, though. I also hit the Browser button all the time. My favorite button has become the "Go Back" button on the other side of the silver Home button. That usually gets me back to where I was. If I've been browsing earlier, then sometimes I have a browser history. In this case, I'll hit the Menu button, then Windows, then I'll close them all. The browser will then bring up my home page, but if I hit the Go Back button, it will close the browser.

I keep reminding myself that we're all on the leading edge right now (or is that "bleeding" edge?). In two years, we'll buy a tablet with twice the capacity at half the price -- and laugh at how primitive our Coby tablets were! Until then, I'm having a blast with these things.

pingram3541

Feb 2, 2011
Annoys the eff outa me too! Would be nice to selectively disable the buttons, or better yet, auto-disable/re-enable when the headset jack is plugged in/out...how cool would that be?