Can I upgrade my Tablet?

Sep 13, 2012
Hi guys!

I bought this tablet last year for my wife and I was wondering whether it can be upgraded to a newer version of Android.

Here's the spec:

ViewTAB M7S - 7"
Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
Samsung S5PV210 1GHz
Capacitive Multi-Touch
4GB NAND Flash
2.0MP Camera
Adobe Flash 10.3
Mini-HDMI Port & G-Sensor

From the Tablet:
Model Number:
MID_Serials

Kernel version 2.6.35.7
MID Serials #434 Thu Sep 1 11:18:47 CST 2011

Build Number:
MID Serials 2.3 Gingerbread 2011 10830.191916

$Tablet.png

Thanks in advance ;)

D

Dawnstar

Hello

If you want to upgrade to (jelly bean) or another OS you need to find the update driver for your tablet but this guild is only for the (Cube). But this will help you to understand how to install an OS on a Tablet with a PC

Flash instructions: :D

You will need RK Batch Tool,

Extract the Rockchip batch tool whichincludes the necessary drivers for Windows

Run the RKBatchTool.exe in the extracted Flashtool folder and select theimage you downloaded from Cube

1. Shut down your tablet

2. Plug the USB cable into your tablet

3. Now pressing the power and volume + buttons together connect the other endof the USB cable to your PC

4 Once Windows notices a new device release the 2 buttons

5. When asked for drivers browse to the “drivers” folder within the extractedbatch tool folder and select it allowing windows to install the driver. If youaren't asked for drivers and you get a device install failure go to DeviceManager and look for Unknown Device. Right click on this and select updatedrivers. Browse to the folder within the RKBatchTool folder with the driversfor your OS (Win 7 64 bit in my case) and select this folder.

6. If all ok the "device 1 connected" square within theRKBatchTool_1.5 will change from grey to green

7. Press the “upgrade” button in RKBatchTool_1.5

8. The green square should change to orange showing that the flash operationis happening

9. If all ok you should get a success message at the end (takes about 3minutes)

10. The tablet should reboot but if it does not then press the power button

11. The first boot after an upgrade takes much longer than a normal boot. Justbe patient and wait for the lockscreen.

12. The default language will be Chinese. When you get a prompt hit the homebutton and then go to settings and look for the menu option with a letter A ina white box (this is language). Select this and then the top option on theright hand side of the screen. This will give you a list of languages. SelectEnglish (UK) or whatever and then restart the tablet.

Done

:D:D

mikearnill

Aug 25, 2012
Yes, You can upgrade your tablet but first you have to install tablet drive in your PC and than upgrade driver with your tablet. You'll need a version that is specifically designed for your device that has all the drivers necessary to operate your specific hardware configuration.

Sep 13, 2012
Hi again,

Thanks for your replies Dawnstar and mikearnill :)

As I'm new to Android Tablets and flashing ROMs etc I just want to be cautious and have all the facts before I end up bricking my wife's Tablet ;)

First up Dawnstar you mention "Cube", which I assume is a group that makes a ROM image for tablets, I had a search online and found a version of Jelly Bean (U30GT-H) and also a version of Icecream Sandwich (UG9T2) - I haven't included the links in case it's not allowed in this forum.

Is this the firmware I should be looking at?
Also you mentioned "Guild", in your sentence - is this referring to what people use on this forum only, or is it specific to my Tablet chip?

I've upgraded android phones before with alternate ROMs, but those instructions have been specific to that particular phone - as a lot of Tablets aren't that specific it's all a bit confusing ;)

Jay :)

Sep 13, 2012
Hi,

Does anyone have anymore info on my Tablet and the Upgrade point I mentioned above please?

On further searching my Tablet appears to look like a HeroPab C8, HaiPad M7 and a Dropad A8. But I can't be 100% if they are identical inside although I think they all use the "Samsung S5PV210 1GHz" proc.

Cheers, Jay ;)

thomajm2

Nov 15, 2012
Hi again,

Thanks for your replies Dawnstar and mikearnill :)

As I'm new to Android Tablets and flashing ROMs etc I just want to be cautious and have all the facts before I end up bricking my wife's Tablet ;)

First up Dawnstar you mention "Cube", which I assume is a group that makes a ROM image for tablets, I had a search online and found a version of Jelly Bean (U30GT-H) and also a version of Icecream Sandwich (UG9T2) - I haven't included the links in case it's not allowed in this forum.

Is this the firmware I should be looking at?
Also you mentioned "Guild", in your sentence - is this referring to what people use on this forum only, or is it specific to my Tablet chip?

I've upgraded android phones before with alternate ROMs, but those instructions have been specific to that particular phone - as a lot of Tablets aren't that specific it's all a bit confusing ;)

Jay :)

Hi jay can you please send me the link to the jelly bean image you found in the following email adress-

[email protected]

thanks