Can I upgrade the firmware for my tablet? If so, which firmware?

addman

Oct 15, 2011
Hello everybody! I'm a bit of a Android noob so to speak but I recently acquired my very first android tablet, it's a generic Chinese type of thing and I have some questions that someone here might be able to answer. First off, here's some info on my tablet:

$asdasdasd.JPG$adf.jpg$dfg.jpg

First of all, if it's possible, which firmware could I update this with and how would I go about doing so? Also, there is an app at android market that I really need. It's called "Bluefire reader" and it's an e-reader that I have to use for my local library's e-pub, they don't accept any other readers. Now, I've tried to download it from android market but it only downloads for 2 seconds then it stops. I've checked the homepage and it says that my tablet is indeed compatible but still I can't download it. Anywho, I hope there's anyone out there who might be able to help. :)

addman

Oct 15, 2011
I don't know if it helps but here's some more info about my tablet:

Manufacturer: VIMICRO
Model: fj_vortex
Device: vortex
Product: fj_vortex
Brand: generic (LOL!)
Version: 2.3

Os info
Name: Linux
Version: 2.6.35.7
Arch: armv7l

Rocky220

Jan 4, 2012
I Have three tablets and the one you have is my third and sofar the best out of the 3, the second one was a Wondermedia and it's ok but a non Capacitive screen other than that it's good and was easy to flash a new mood via the external memory, But the Vimcor sims to have a built in memory sim and one cant just boot up with a external one and reflash it mood it root it etc. I might be wrong but I have looked high and low and cant find a way to reflash this Vimicro, if by chance you find a way Please let me know. Thanks