Can not connect to my wifi network

beach4me

Jun 16, 2012
I am a new android tablet user and can not connect to my wifi network. any would be appreciated. The tablet says that the network is disabled?

thanks
beach 4 me

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I'm guessing that in settings it shows that it is turned on. Under WiFi in settings can you see your router? Need a little more info.

beach4me

Jun 16, 2012
so sorry it took so long to answer, i can see my router in settings. the tablet keegps telling me it is scanning but then it says it is disabled and disconnects.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
so sorry it took so long to answer, i can see my router in settings. the tablet keegps telling me it is scanning but then it says it is disabled and disconnects.

My guess is that you have an issue withe the router configuration but it's hard to say where. The first step would be to power the router down for at least 30 seconds then when it's back up tap the connection on your tablet and tell it to "forget" then try again. Changing the channel on the router is a possibility along with disabling any security in the router, at least temporarily

tink34

Aug 9, 2012
I also can not connect to my wifi on my mid tablet and I am getting very frustrated. It doesnt even show any network

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I also can not connect to my wifi on my mid tablet and I am getting very frustrated. It doesnt even show any network

Have you tried a public hotspot or a friend's WiFi to make certain it's working at all?

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
beach4me said:

Hey beach

Does your router have the WPS function? If your device has this as well, then you need to connect using this process. I had the same issue and basically in addition to the SSID and network key I had to go into the tablets advanced settings and under WPS the tablet gave me a pin to type into the router's config page and then try and connect, this worked and is basically the only way I can connect my tablet to my router. Hope this helps.

Good luck
Bas

tink34

Aug 9, 2012
We have tried taken the tablet to our friends house who also has wifi and it wont pick theirs up either. The wifi connection wont even stay on, i called our internet provider and didnt help. Do we have to have a separate modem and wireless router or can it be a combo one?

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
tink34 said:
We have tried taken the tablet to our friends house who also has wifi and it wont pick theirs up either. The wifi connection wont even stay on, i called our internet provider and didnt help. Do we have to have a separate modem and wireless router or can it be a combo one?

Hey tink

Try the above suggestion I made to beach, yes it's a pain in the butt but you only have to do it once. : )
Let us know how it goes.

Cheers
Bas

tink34

Aug 9, 2012
We dont have the WPS in our advanced settings. ours is the MID M009F

thank you

Hey tink

Try the above suggestion I made to beach, yes it's a pain in the butt but you only have to do it once. : )
Let us know how it goes.

Cheers
Bas

Last edited: