Can only get free apps - and not many!

mancsguy

Aug 23, 2011
Hi - would appreciate any suggestions. I have a droid phone & a small tablet which have the full range of apps, but my main tablet will only display free apps - and quite a limited range at that, is there some setting you can change, or....??

I have searched & searched through the tablet for a setting to adjust, but to no avail. I have also set up a google mail account linked to the tablet.

Any ideas anyone?
:confused:

socaljj

Feb 22, 2011
I don't have my tablet infront of me but under settings-application there is an entry about accepting applications it needs to be on.

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
Doesnt sound like you have full market ac ess

Sent from my MID using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

rickio

May 14, 2011
What tablet do you got?
Yeah it sounds like you might need to instal google market. Or are you saying you got it and its not working?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
To be clear, some devices are not certified for google market and dont get full access. This was the case with my WITSA81E. I had to perform a little work around to gain access to the full market.

Sent from my MID using Android Tablet Forum

mancsguy

Aug 23, 2011
The tab I'm using is 10.2" Flytouch 3 SUPERPAD 2, ANDROID 2.2 16GB TABLET PC

Market is installed because I can get the free apps, albeit not much of a selection

settings-software-apps seems to be ok

[/URL]
To be clear, some devices are not certified for google market and dont get full access. This was the case with my WITSA81E. I had to perform a little work around to gain access to the full market.

if this is the case, how do you get access?

do you have to root the tablet?

rickio

May 14, 2011
Yup i believe you need to root ir.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
I did not have to root my WITS, just go into manage apps and clear.some cache, delete some data and force stop something, and it worked. You can search Youtube for the procedure for the WITS, but it might not work on our device.