can someone tell me how to get the web cam working on coby kyros 7024? please help

realsis

Sep 19, 2011
Hi. I've managed to get just about everything I wanted installed and working except the web cam. Can someone refer me to an app or tell me exactlly how I can get the webcam working? I'm not very tech savy but so far I got google services, the android market, flash 10.3, and thank God I got netflixup and working.. please help me get my web cam working. Thanks so much! You guys are great! When you explain it remember I'm not very tech savvy so please explain easily. I have a non rooted coby kyros 7024. I really apperciate your help!

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Your cam is working, i.e. it works when you use the built-in Camera app?

I've read that Skype works with MIDx024 tablets, but you can't initiate a video call, instead start with a simple voice call and then start video.

Fring may work too, but it's only for mobile devices AFAIK (no desktop version).

There is an audio/voice plugin for Yahoo! Messenger too, but I haven't tested it yet.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Sorry, I didn't understand... The built-in Camera app is for taking pics and recording videos, it serves to the purpose of verifying if your tablet's camera hardware is working. The other apps I mentioned are for video chat.