Can`t connect my 16GB,Google Android 2.3 Tablet PC 10.2" SuperPad, Flytouch, Apad,

wineprovider

Jan 4, 2012
Just got the above delivered today.
Tried to connect to local wi-fi but they all require passwords.

I have a E1750 Huawei dongle but it doesn`t even show it`s plugged in.

I have an internet phone that I connect to my laptop by USB but that doesn`t show.

My phone has a wi-fi hotspot which the android finds but a message quickly blinks........."storage device disabled"

Short of driving somewhere with a password free hotspot I really need some easy to understand help.

I`m 65, disabled but not stupid but I can`t crack this problem.

Oh..................Happy New Year everyone.

Please help?

limelatitude

Jan 3, 2012
Just got the above delivered today.
Tried to connect to local wi-fi but they all require passwords.

I have a E1750 Huawei dongle but it doesn`t even show it`s plugged in.

I have an internet phone that I connect to my laptop by USB but that doesn`t show.

My phone has a wi-fi hotspot which the android finds but a message quickly blinks........."storage device disabled"

Short of driving somewhere with a password free hotspot I really need some easy to understand help.

I`m 65, disabled but not stupid but I can`t crack this problem.

Oh..................Happy New Year everyone.

Please help?

My friend in UK has the same problem but is using a different dongle.

Try this link to see if it helps you. If it does please let me know.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

wineprovider

Jan 4, 2012
My friend in UK has the same problem but is using a different dongle.

Try this link to see if it helps you. If it does please let me know.
Thanks

I`ve tried this information on this video before but I can`t complete it as the configeration on my tablet is diiferent.
Would some screenshots help?
Please keep the help coming.

Last edited by a moderator:

granny12

Dec 16, 2011
Hi,
What does it show when you have your dongle in and go to setup mobile networks
Regards Granny12

wineprovider

Jan 4, 2012
Hi,
What does it show when you have your dongle in and go to setup mobile networks
Regards Granny12
Its not very clear as as I don know how to get a sceenshot with a tablet this pic is fom my phone.
This comes up when I press the 3g icon
IMAG0024.jpg

Then this appears when I go to the APNs. You can see I`ve started the first 2 but had to stop as I can1t see wher to put the phone number.
IMAG0022.jpg

sHOULD i PRESS NETWORK OPERATORS IT SAYS "NO NETWORKS FOUND"

hOPE THIS IS OF SOME HELP.
Happy New Year

granny12

Dec 16, 2011
The APN's will be the one you Internet provider uses, e.g, internet, etc as I don't know who your provider is I can't help with that.
But to enter my APN is as follows:
click new APN ..enter
Name .... amaysim ...... enter
APN: internet
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 505
MNC: 02
Authentication Type: None
APN type HAS to be 'Default'.
I hope that this is of some assistance to you
Regards Granny12

wineprovider

Jan 4, 2012
Thank you Granny12..............Your advice I hope will help with more members than just me.
There are other issuers with this tablet so I will send it back and look for another,perhaps,,,,,,,,,a more reputable source.
Thanks again and a Happy New Year to you and all your family.

granny12

Dec 16, 2011
Hi Wineprovider,
Sorry to hear that you have more problems, have you searched the forums for info on your problems? silly question of course you have.
I must admit I have 2 problems that are driving me crazy but, when I look at them quitely I can get along very nicely without fixing them.
Good Luck with your new purchase.
Regards Granny12

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Thank you Granny12..............Your advice I hope will help with more members than just me.
There are other issuers with this tablet so I will send it back and look for another,perhaps,,,,,,,,,a more reputable source.
Thanks again and a Happy New Year to you and all your family.
Sorry. Your problem has nothing to do with the tablet. If you wanted the 3G option you should have bought the tablet with the 3G option. The ANDROID OS at this stage does not support the 3G option on a USB STICK. Maybe it will be different with ICS. All the android tablets have the same issues when it comes to this. I have not heard one successful attempt yet. However if the manufacturer of the 3G modem really wanted to help they should start providing support for the ANDROID OS.

wineprovider

Jan 4, 2012
I have now connected. My laptop played up and through frustration I thought I would try again. With Granny12`s help and the video I am very happy now.
These are the settings I used for the 3 network in the UK and the Huawei E1750 dongle.
APN name......3UK
APN type.......3UK
MCC..............505
MNC..............02
Auth.type......None

Thanks again and good luck to all.