Can`t repair mpman MID72C

Mehix

Feb 23, 2013
OK, I just bought a new mpman MID72C tablet, I know it is a chinese cheap product but really good, whatever I tried to boot it, and I made it but when I restart it just shows the mpman logo for hours. I tried to restart it with te restart button but nothing happens. I tried to restart it whit a product firmware from a similar tablet but nothing :mad:. I don`t know what else to do, I`m a android newbie PLEASE HELP!!!!

Last edited:

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
OK, I just bought a new mpman MID72C tablet, I know it is a chinese cheap product but really good, whatever I tried to boot it, and I made it but when I restart it just shows the mpman logo for hours. I tried to restart it with te restart button but nothing happens. I tried to restart it whit a product firmware from a similar tablet but nothing :mad:. I don`t know what else to do, I`m a android newbie PLEASE HELP!!!!

Restart will not do much, it is the same as power on/off - the option is available in case the system hangs.

Did you try to reload it with the identical!!! firmware - "similar" will not do it. And you have to follow the the proper flashing instructions for your tablet. The supplier should be able to send you the link for the proper firmware and the installation instructions.

We tried to send a defective tablet back to China, without success - it did not make it to the address in China (got "lost" somewhere). Hence, you have nothing to loose trying different things with your tablets.

If the flashing does not work, I am afraid, the tablet is defective.

Mehix

Feb 23, 2013
The problem is i can`t find the identical firmware. When I search the web there are just some sites on french with no info. I don`t know but can i install a android OS thru the menu when i hold power and home buton???

Last edited:

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
The problem is i can`t find the identical firmware. When I search the web there are just some sites on french with no info. I don`t know but can i install a android OS thru the menu when i hold power and home buton???

No, you cannot. These devices come with customized Android systems - not the "standard" ones. You have to get the original software for your device from the vendor and the installation instructions.

First step is to get an original copy of the software. If you cannot find it, look under google for a "custom rom" for your device. There may be some available (people like to play with their new devices and make improvements, and post the customized software on their website.

Download the file (look at 200MB or more ...) and find the installation instructions for your processor/device (generally, a reference is included with the custom rom).

Best bet is to find a custom rom.

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
And I was wondering, did you contact the distributor? And asked for the software? I don't see it.

Mehix

Feb 23, 2013
And I was wondering, did you contact the distributor? And asked for the software? I don't see it.
Yes i contacted the distributor and asked for firmware but no answer. I will try to find some custom rom. Thanks for advice! :D

Heinz

Dec 27, 2010
Well, you have not much to loose then. It is not a very recent model. Hence, I would look at different online stores or Google and look for a very similar "looking" model, with pretty much identical descriptions. I would take note of those models and follow up to see if you can a firmware, or a modified one. And then try to perform an upgrade.

The model MID 72C might also stand for 702. If have seen MIDs in the 700 name range, so I would be looking for something like MID 702 and Android 4. I did a search and came up with some similar looking models. The number of MIDs of your type is limited.