can u make usb speakers work?

JamesH

May 5, 2011
So.. what would it take to make USB speakers work on the iconia? I'm sure its just a driver thing but how would I go about making it work.

freakaphex

Apr 28, 2011
Are you talking speakers that use usb for power and has the headphone jack or? just threw usb? i just plugged my speakers in with the usb for power and headphone jack and it worked just fine.. but if it's the other way idk!

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
There are just no drivers for the speakers. It could be made into a custom rom but I doubt that that is a priority.

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
But Android is Linux, right? Wouldn't there be a way to install Linux drivers into the OS, if you rooted?

I know nothing about development for this device, but couldn't a dev feasbly create a system with which to add drivers pretty easily?

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I don't see why that COULDN'T be done. Maybe if you started a group or MADE it a priority in the community, it would get done.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

farnsbarns

May 10, 2011
I have yet to get my hands on a Honeycomb device but I ordered an Iconia a500 today and this is something I would like to do. Once I get into root and the SDK I can start having a look. It's worth remembering that USB speakers are really an external sound card. What's a decent set with Linux drivers available that I can start with?

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I have yet to get my hands on a Honeycomb device but I ordered an Iconia a500 today and this is something I would like to do. Once I get into root and the SDK I can start having a look. It's worth remembering that USB speakers are really an external sound card. What's a decent set with Linux drivers available that I can start with?

Try these out.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Me too but the sound would be AWESOME lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!