can you get full android market on nook

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yes, but you have to be rooted or running a custom ROM to access the Android Market.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
@kevin: Just for a bit of clarification...are you talking about the Nook Color...or the actual Nook?

If you are talking about the Nook Color...you have the Amazon Market installed but not the Android Market from Google???

kevinjgray88

Jun 28, 2011
yes nook color. I have amazon apps and the android market but the market is very limited I cant see all apps like there should be

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
There is a thread around here that walks you through fixing a partial market...but keep in mind that the newer market should only show you apps that will work on your NC. So if an app requires fine GPS, it won't show up on your NC market (since the NC doesn't have fine gps)...

Best way to see this is go to market.android.com and find an app that you can't find on your NC market and see if it will allow you to install on your NC.

The desktop market tells me whether the app is compatible with my devices (I have a Samsung Captivate linked to my account as well)

kevinjgray88

Jun 28, 2011
not fully sure these are the files I used to root my device
Nook-CWM3028-imgfiles
manualnooter4-5-2.zip
8gb Clockwork
update-froyo1.2dalingrin-OC-emmc-061811.zip

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Okay...sounds like you are running the Rooted B&N 1.2, so your market should be fine.

Are you not finding apps you think you should be finding, or what?

kevinjgray88

Jun 28, 2011
I am on the android market.com and it says NOVA 2 is not compatable but I have see other people playing it on their NC

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Then they sideloaded the apk file...find someone with the apk file and you can manually install it that way. The market is basing whether you see it or not based on the developers settings for the app in question...like Skymap...doesn't show up on the market, but installs just fine on my NC.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
From a post on the XDA Forums:

Market has limited visibility - This is a known tablet issue, not just a NOOKcolor one.

1. Start Nook Color Tools.
  2. Select the "All Settings" button.
  3. Unplug your NOOKcolor from computer. (If Plugged in.)
  4. Choose "Manage Applications" from the list.
  5. Select the "All" tab.
  6. Scroll down to "Market" and select it.
  7. Tap "Force stop".
  8. Tap "Clear cache".
  9. Tap the Back button if you have SoftKeys running, else swipe right to left on the status bar at the bottom of the screen (from the clock to the book icon).
  10. Scroll up to "Google Services Framework" and select it.
  11. Tap "Clear data".
  12. Tap "OK".
  13. Tap "Force stop".
  14. Press the n button to return to your launcher.
  15. Start Market.
  16. At the "An error has occurred" message, tap "OK".
  17. Hold your power button to turn off your NOOK Color from the menu.
  18. Turn your NOOK Color back on and give it a moment to find your WiFi connection.
  19. Start Market again, and the problem is resolved.
This worked on my NC.