Can you help me fix this? Need how to root it again for dummies!

Discussion in 'Nook Color Technical' started by Lime, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Lime

Lime Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Tablet / Device:
    So, I rooted my nook color but didn't turn off updates (don't know how). It's all messed up (as far as the root) and I haven't had time to mess with it. It's currently running software version 1.4.3. I got how to do the manual nooter program and was happy with that and like that I'm familar with it. I just want to run a few apps, etc. I'd love to get a keyboard hooked up with it too, but that's extra. Please give me advice and keep in mind that I'm not tech-y and I don't want to try things that are risky or complicated--prefer the simple and dependable even if it's not the top of the line software. Oh, and I also have the green dot version that had the memory divided.

1) Do I need to revert to a previous Nook Color software version? If so, how?

2) Which Nooter do I use? (Do you have a link?)

3) If you are convinced I should use a different software, why? Is it more difficult? Can I still keep my B&N reader? I like having the basic software still in tack.

4) How do I prevent the autoupdates?

5) What do I need to do to back up things before I start?(I only have one micro sd card and don't really want to buy more) I'm not sure I have much worth backing up....I'll have to look.

6) Any thing else?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012