Can you identify my Google Android OS please

yellowfairy

Aug 11, 2011
$HPIM0518.JPG$HPIM0519.JPG$HPIM0520.JPG

Hi all,

as you an see i have uploaded pictures of my android and box hopefully they are clear enough for somebody to recognise the make, model etc. Can anyone please advise me where i can get a hand book from.
When the first screen loads i get
Android version 1.6
Kernel 2.6.29
WMT SDK version 1.9.1T
This is all gobbledegook to me but hopefully somebody might recognise it and be able to help me.
Here's hoping & thank-you

jaamgans

Jun 6, 2011
Don't recognize your pad at all, however from what the boot screen says you have Android 1.6 (donut if I remember correctly). A good way to check is to do the following from the home screen. Menu, Settings, About, Software Info --> check what it says under Android Version. If it is 1.6 this is a very old version - most phones are running some version of 2.2 or 2.3 (gingerbread). Some tablets are on the tablet only version of Android - 3.0 to 3.2 - this is called Honeycomb. In the next year or so, 2.3 & 3 will be merged into what everyone is calling Android 4.0 and will run on pads and phones.

Under the about option there should also be an update option - check this and see if you can't update your pad, but if its a very cheap pad the odds might not be good. In which case you might wan't to see if you can root it and put on a dev rom -- however if your tablet suits your purposes I would suggest ignoring the version and getting on with life.

yellowfairy

Aug 11, 2011
Thank-you so much for your valuable advice, i really appreciate any help, once again, thank you:D