Can you speed up browser on android tablet????

calluke

Aug 15, 2012
Just got my first tablet. Web browsing is terribly slow. Takes 5 min's to download angry birds. Probably 1-2 min's for each website. It is a Zeki 7" with Ice Cream Sandwich. My laptop right next to it gets 4 bars and is lightening fast next to this. Are all tablets a little slow? Or is this out of the ordinary?

PLEASE HELP!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Just got my first tablet. Web browsing is terribly slow. Takes 5 min's to download angry birds. Probably 1-2 min's for each website. It is a Zeki 7" with Ice Cream Sandwich. My laptop right next to it gets 4 bars and is lightening fast next to this. Are all tablets a little slow? Or is this out of the ordinary?

PLEASE HELP!

The question you asked is relative. Some tablets are much slower than others and may be slower or faster than a laptop depending on the laptop's configuration as well. So yes, some tablets are very slow and some others are much faster, than other tablets.

You should check your WiFi at the router to make certain it has optimized settings and no overlapping channel with someone else. Install WiFi Analyzer to see what you may be able to do differently or better.

calluke

Aug 15, 2012
I'm actually on vacation and I am using my neighbors wifi. He said we could do it, but I don't necessarily feel like I want to ask him to switch channels. I also took it to the local Barnes an Noble and it was STILL slow. I'm trying to download wifi analyzer but it is taking foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever. Did I just buy a crappy tablet?

Here are the specs:
Zeki 8GB 7" tablet
Android Ice Cream Sandwich
Speed is 1GHz
Wifi is 802.11
1GB Ram

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It might be the tablet it might be the browser or browser settings. There are many browsers available in the Google Play store. You may want to try one or more out and see if it changes your experience. Try a search on the forum to get many threads discussing this including how leaving many tabs open on some browsers causes the tablet to slow down in general.

In addition to trying different browsers, you may want to make sure the default browser settings are how you want them. For speed you will want to use mobile instead of full desktop. You will also want to disable Flash by default. These should help speed up the browser experience.

Other than that I agree with leeshor. In addition to using a wifi analyzer app you may want to download a speed test app to see what speeds you are getting for download and upload.

uscanst56

Jun 13, 2012
I also find the browsing / wifi a bit slow. Downloaded a little data counter widget and it seems even with nothing going on the tablet is still sending and receiving.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2