cani get video output from samsung tab 10.1

jordanco

May 30, 2012
Can i connect the samsung tab 10.1 from it's own USB (with possible USB to serial port converter) to video projector and get the picture???

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
jordanco said:
Can i connect the samsung tab 10.1 from it's own USB (with possible USB to serial port converter) to video projector and get the picture???

Samsung sells various dongles that will allow you to do what you need, such as an HDMI dongle. I also believe they have a multi media dock you could check out.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I think TomT and leeshor got your questions answered, so I am just going to welcome you to the forum.

It comes down to drivers, and Android does not have the drivers that are needed to use USB video.

I am also going to move this to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 forum since it is related to the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'd like to add my welcome to that of Frederuco. Glad you decided to become a member of Android Tablets, it's nice to have you as a member of the forum.

jordanco

May 30, 2012
Txs for the warm welcome :).
i have not decided yet to buy samsung tab 10.1. Firstly i would like to find out if it possible some how to connect the tablet (Android OS) to projector so i will be able to use the tablet in educational purposes (for example, video or other format presentation to the students)

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
Using the HDMI dongle you can play videos from the tablet. not sure about pictures, presentations and web. I have just ordered one so will feedback.

britinva

Jun 30, 2011
OK - I got my HDMI Adapter and must say impressed. No problems with connecting to TV and 'anything' I did on tablet was seen on TV so pretty much acts as a 2nd cloned monitor. Was able to browse email, surf the web open up documents and presentation. Just played a TV episode and played flawlessly.

rogeraspire

Aug 13, 2012
Hi, based on research with Tech Experts, I can say that - Tablets with Windows OS & iOS (iPad) can send output to a projector by attaching necessary VGA adaptors. Samsung also sells HDTV adaptors which allows you to send output to TV which has got HDMI ports. suggest - attach HDTV adaptor to Samsung galaxy tab then attach HDMI to VGA adaptor and then connect to projector, not sure whether it will work. Pls post the results as I'm also planning to buy 1 and use it while providing training on projector...